Insert forming tool fails (2005 sp0.0 and 0.1)

I'm trying to insert the louver that comes with Solidworks and when I drag it over from the Design Library to a simple plate that I've already added the Sheet-Metal feature to, I get the following error: "Are you trying to make a derived part?"

If I say Yes, then it starts the derived part process (bad). If I say No then it simply opens the louver in it's own window. At no time do I get the preview that I recall seeing in 2004. Anyone know what stupid mistake I'm making here?

Reply to
Matthew Smith

Matthew,

Works here, SW2005 SP0.1. There's only one louver tool in the default library, so I'm assuming it's the same one.

Mark

Reply to
MM

OK, I've just been down this road.

RMB on your forming tolls folder and make sure that in the popup you have it selected as such. All should work as expected now.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Bless you sir. That did the trick.

-Matt

Reply to
Matthew Smith

I'll take the blessing, but it was my VAR that needed to help me.

Glad that did the trick. Muggs

Reply to
Muggs