API Design Table

Has anyone done any API projects that manipulate a design table? I have been looking through everything I can find, and I only find a small handful of examples. My larger picture here is to open a VB6 project, display a form, populate some list boxes with values from a spreadsheet, let the user select/fill in some values, then generate a model based on the values in all the boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I haven't really decided yet. I think I would like to give the user the option of generating a new part file, or adding the new info to an existing one. Either way, my master table that I start with will be an external Excel file, and I will start with a SW part file template that already has all the dimensions, etc that are related to the DT.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne, Do you want to generate a model with a design table or make an new config for one that already has one.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Then all you should need to do is Create a new config in the file and edit the dims in the config you already know their names since you have total control over that. It will populate the design table for you. I am sure you have already thought of this, but just incase.

Corye

Reply to
CS

Hmmm, actually I hadn't. My thought was that since there are many cells in the table that contain equations, I would need to do the work in the DT so the appropriate values would be calculated.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I couldn't vouch for what would happen in that case.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Are you using VB6/.NET or VBA? If you are not using VBA, you could always just launch Excel via code. Then, your Excel file is completely separate from SW. You can make the Excel file as complicated as necessary, then just read the values you want to assign to specific SW dimensions.

Reply to
Evan T. Basalik