fire 'pit' table plans?

Hey Folks,

Apologies to those in sci.engr.joining.welding, i kind of manually cross-posted this...

After my mom returned two different fire 'pit' patio tables to the store she bought them from, i signed my brother and i up to building her one. We're both rookies, but have been looking for a project like this to get started. We have a MIG welder, chop saw, grinders, etc.

I was going to try to whip up a plan from scratch but wondered if any of you folks might know where i could find some to start from. I'd like to use either slate or thick tile for the table surface and have a square center for the pit (which will probably be the base from a cheap grill). I like the 'grid' look of 12" or 18" tile, but am not going to be picky at this point.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Reply to
bobrich

Hey Bob,

No plans, but think twice about using a BBQ "bottom". They melt pretty easy. They don't normally get touched by any material, and never by a flame, as the flame is used above.

You've got the tools, so make it out if sheet steel.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Made the fire pit out of 1/2" steel plate. You wouldn't want to be accused of not doing it right, would you? Otherwise, your mother might ground you and take away your internet p*rn access. ;)

Reply to
Home Welder