Slate for a welding table???

How well would slate work for the surface of my welding table. I have a couple of 4' X 4' X 1" pieces I would like to try but I dont know how slate would react. If I cant use them for this I am going to cover them in felt and use them for card tables.

Reply to
Jimmy

Thanks I was planning on using them to replace my fire brick table. Unfortunately I know nothing of the characteristic of slate compared to firebrick.

Reply to
Jimmy

I have heard of people who build bicycle frames using a slate surface. I have also heard (many times) DON'T use slate to make a fire pit out of, as it can explode when heated.

Reply to
Wayne Bengtsson