forming tool

Is there to rotate a sheet metal forming tool during the insert process or after it's inserted? The only way I know is to created another form and rotate it 90 degrees.

Any help is appreciated.

B-

Reply to
bb

Hi there BB -

You can rotate a forming tool upon insertion.

When you insert it, you go into sketch mode automatically.

You can rotate the tool then. I usually have to constrain the point on the reference guide sketch zero and then I rotate the guide sketch as needed.

If you have inserted a form tool and want to change it, you can edit the guide sketch. It will act like a standard palette feature.

Rotating the feature in the forming tool model is another option, but you should be able to rotate the guide sketch to any angle.

Good luck -

Later,

SMA

bb wrote:

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Maybe I'm dumb here... when I rotote the guide sketch the form tool does not rotate.

Reply to
bb

Make sure you use the "modify sketch" function NOT the "Rotate or Copy entities" function.

refer picture

The rotate or copy entities seems to work but it just rotates the sketch tbe actual forming tool doesn't rotate with this feature --- It had me stumped until I asked my VAR.

Regards

John Layne

Reply to
John Layne