Re: Quiet mouse.

Sorry about that, must have hit the send button.

Can anyone recommend a mouse with a SILENT middle scroll button. Our Logitech cord mice are most annoying for the other people in the office.

Reply to
Phil Evans

Some of the Microsoft mice have a clickless scroll wheel in them. I personally hate that whell type, but it is silent. As for which models, I can't even remember as the MS model numbers for their mice I find extremely convuluded.

Reply to
Raptor

I'm sorry - the clicking of the mouse wheel is annoying to others?? Is that really the loudest sound in the office??? It's louder than others talking, singing, walking,,,,,,? Seems to me that if someone is annoyed with your mouse wheel, they don't have enough to do.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

We have 4 engineers using Solidworks and the office is very quiet. What sort of an office do you work in where people sing?

Reply to
Phil Evans

Phil, I'm currently using a Logitech VX Revolution mouse on my laptop - The scroll wheel operates in two distinct modes (according to logitech!): Free-spin Mode for hyper-fast, nearly frictionless scrolling, or Click- to-click Mode for detailed navigation using an ultra-precise ratchet- scrolling mechanism.

I prefer a scroll wheel with a click - so I've not tried the free spin mode in anger - but I just switched (theres a slider on the underside of the mouse) and it seems a little faster than the click mode - you can flick the wheel and it does spin on a little but I'd not call it hyper-fast.

See Link:

It's a little smaller than my old MX1000 mice but I got used to it in no time and if you're used to using Logitech mice the build quality and weight are as you would expect - it may do what you want.

Here are the link:

If you want something bigger the MX Revolution uses the same technology

Here's the link:

Rev

Or if you're looking for something even smaller with a tiny transmitter I've got a VX Nano that i use with my ultra portable laptop - it's not microgear - but it's almost silent.

Heres the link:

Cheers,

and before you ask - no i don't work for Logitech!

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Yeh, I hate that annoying wheel also, especially when it interrupts my afternoon nap! :-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

thanks wayne, i thought it was just me. my office is very loud, you either deal with it or get noise canceling earphones. ;)

don't forget silence can be deafening.

Reply to
kenneth

I'm using a MSoft X03-53717. It is one of the old PS/2 ball mice. It is "quiet as a mouse".

We used to a have a Russian guy that banged incessantly on the left mouse button. You could tell when he was on a roll because it would get louder and faster.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I use the large model and find it very comfortable to use, They look a bit cheap but actually work real nice and smooth.

Reply to
adspeed