Logitech Wireless Mouse Performance

I went wireless about a year ago and am on my second one. Still not real satisfied. Any comments or ideas of why the mouse is so "Hard" to move and
control. Maybe I should give it up and go back to the mouse with cord since it works just fine. I have learned how to use this wireless but it is really difficult and hard to control.
currently using cordless trackman wheel logitech MN TRA18
Could my settings be off?? I think it is the design of the ball or something....
TIA Bernie Mares
Is there someone within a 40' radius from you that is using the same mouse. I ran into that we have 3 in our group and the wireless mouse worked great for about a week and all of the sudden we are all controlling eachother's mice but as far as your screen goes it just seems like it is slugish and unresponsive.
Corey

and
since
go with optical (cord). i use a mx310, works fine
I'm on a cordless trackman wheel aswell ..been for many yrs now......and the only problem I've discovered so far is when my cellphone is recieving or sending, the mouse becomes very sluggish. Otherwise it works great...have one at the office and one at home.
Krister L

and
since
We use Logitech wireless exclusively in our office. No issues. I notice the type of behavior you're describing if my receiver gets tucked too far under my monitor. I notice the mouse doesn't seem to transmit as far as the keyboard. Also make sure you're using good batteries, like high power rechargeable NiMH (same as used in digicams). As someone else suggested, look for extraneous RF interference. Either someone else with a similar device or some other source.
- Eddy

and
since
Eddy,
Since your using Logitech - Are you guys using the middle button to do all your scrolling and zooming in SW? I have a Logitech Trackball, but I can't figure out how to make it work in SW. Now the one thing that I know is probably going to be different is the fact I'm hooked up through a Switch box. So my mouse is seen as a 3 button logitech mouse with wheel, but I still can't get the zoom to work with it.
Do you or anyone have any suggestions on how to setup a Logitech mouse to zoom in SW? I have a MS mouse and it works fine.
Regards, Scott

real
I haven't set mine up for zooming in SW....I use the spacemouse for that....but the trackman wheel is zooming in/out with the wheel anyhow...and scrolling in other programs.....by default I guess.
Krister L

move

i use microsoft driver [5.1.2600.0] it allows my wheel to zoom, pan (+ ctrl) & rotate (press & drag). i think the logitech driver & software need to be uninstalled.
Yes, we do use the wheel/button for panning and zooming. Awesome usability. I don't have any issues with it using the mouse. We've never used trackballs so I can't help firsthand. We don't use the Logitech mouse driver, we prefer the WindowsXP Pro built in driver. But I can tell you that the Logitech drivers for our stuff completely munged up the wheel button. You have to go into the driver settings and disable autoscroll or something like that and set it to act as middle button. There may be some other monkeying in the driver also. I stopped using the Logitech driver because of the middle wheel button, but I did get it to work.
- Eddy

move
That's what I'm using is the Logitech driver and was wondering if that was the same driver you were using. It sounds like you are using the MS driver and that works for you. I was wondering if you did have the Logitech driver how you got it to work. My mouse being a Trackball makes no difference. I do have an MS optical mouse on my laptop and I can get the Panning and Zooming to work there with the wheel.
Thanks for the clarification. Wish Logitech would provide more Wheel support like M$ does.
Regards, Scott

cord
is
Hey Scott, Yes, we use the MS drivers because it's more trouble free within SW. I think the problem is that Logitech provides *too* much wheel support. Meaning their driver wants to control the wheel through programming - autoscroll or blah blah. I believe SW is looking for a "dumb" wheel. If that makes sense.
- Eddy

not
it
or

Check this thread out: http://makeashorterlink.com/?E27212937
another Logitech user there had similar problems, which I think he fixed (and included instructions).
--
Arlin
(remove '351' from email to reply)

Initially I had similar issues, I had no end of trouble when mousing over a very soft mouse mat, I changed this to a more rigid one and everything has been fine since.
Sometimes I get a slight loss of control when the batteries are running low, I now keep a spare set charged for such occasions.
Hope this helps.
Kev