Microsoft wireless optical mouse 2

I have just bought and fitted a Microsoft Wireless Optical mouse 2, and although it mostly works fine it will not rotate a model when I press the middle roller and move the mouse. This always used to work on the ordinary optical mouse.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Regards

Brian Law

Reply to
Brian Law

Make sure that the roller is set to "middle mouse button"

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Mike

Thanks for that, it sort of works but not every time, it seems that after approx three uses it refuses to rotate, but if I wait a few seconds it will start working again.

Regards

Brian Law

"Michael Eckstein" wrote in message news:cQCHg.8$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.lga...

Reply to
Brian Law

"Brian Law" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@proxy02.news.clara.net:

I always install an old version of intellimouse (3.x) that will easily let me disable it for certain programs (e.g. sldworks.exe). This always works for me when I have these exact symptoms. It seems SW and MS conflict when it comes to control of the wheel.

MHill

Reply to
MHill

Hi,

Not to mention the "new" driver does not let you set the wheel to scroll less than 3 lines per wheel rotation...

My new MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 is great, but suffered from the original posts problem, as well as this scroll issue...

I really like the freedom and accuracy of this mouse so I guess I will live with it, or roll back the driver; but I do not know if it will work with this new mouse.... bummer.

Sure wish software people would stop fixing things, and actually just fix the bugs!

Aron

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

I have an explorer 4.0 A and have found that the side scroll feature causes the Middle mouse click and hold to be lost if it is tilted slightly. I mapped my middle mouse click to one of the thumb buttons instead and that works quite well. I mapped the second one to CTRL so that I could multi-select with one hand also

Brian Law wrote:

Reply to
CS

Another item is that you may be able to disable the wheel support on certain programs. i found this on a Msoft trackball that has in the mouse properties a tab for "wheel". in this dialog box there is a troubleshooting and there is an advanced selection that in the next dialog box is a disable wheel support for certain programs. add SWx to this list. again if this is available in current mouse driver. i also use an older mouse driver. iQ

Reply to
iQ

I have looked at a lot of mice & tried more than a few.

Most I tried were "normal" sized. I thought, "Well, that is what is best."

Then I needed a small mouse for my laptops when I travel, so I bought the RadTech BT500 Bluetooth mouse with a scroll wheel which functions as a middle button.

The BT500 worked first time, every time with SolidWorks right out of the box with no software.

What is more, the small mouse lets my hand assume a much more stress free position over the mouse.

If anyone wants to look at one they can see it here:

I see they are offering "savings", which means they are going to likely offer a new model soon.

Bo

CS wrote:

Reply to
Bo