wireless mouse and keyboard****************

Hello I want to buy a wireless (USB) mouse + keyboard. Many of them has problem with roll when using Autocad. (roll rotation, roll
click, roll double clic) Any good or bad test and experiment welcome...
--
hpspt

hpspt wrote:

I prefer an optical mouse to a wireless. The wireless mouse is too heavy and the motion is not as smooth.
JAM
I use a wireless optical mouse, and it suits me just fine. ___

Hogwash! Too heavy? How often do you carry your mouse around? I just push mine. I have a Logitech wireless mouse and wireless keyboard (came in a set) and I have had no problems. Lighter is not always better. If the mouse is too light-weight I tend to "over-track" and have to spend time backing up to zero in on my work. To each his own, I guess.
BTW I believe "optical" is how the mouse "reads / tracks" not how it sends its signal, which is the question on the table - wired or unwired.
Janice
Bill Dunkenfield wrote:

The roll zoom, pan (when click), zoom all (when double click) work well? Please can you give me your logitech wireless mouse and keyboard reference? Thank
hpspt wrote:

Yep, they work just fine. The bottom of my mouse says Logitech Cordless Click! Plus Optical Mouse. My keyboard has some extra buttons on the top for volume, skip, stop, play for music control, an e-mail key etc. This particular mouse has the scroll wheel "lean" feature which pans left or right. The downside of the wireless mouse is remembering to hang it up at the end of the day so it is ready to roll when you are. Also, since I mouse with my left hand and most others use their right, it is easy to switch sides without messing with the wires.
No, I'm not left handed. I just use my right hand for keyboard commands and the left to "draw". Trying to avoid carpal tunnel issues by not over-using one hand.
Janice

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/88758
i use that and have done for a while now, i tried quite a few different wireless bundles b4 settling on this 1, the mouse is comfortable and because its microsoft, if your on windows xp you dont need to install any drivers, its also cheaper than most. 1 thing i will say is if you are going to get a new setup dont get a mouse with 1 of those scroll wheels that goes sideways as well, they are quite hard to push down and hold for paning (well, i thought they were, I've had 2, both m$).
In a previous post hpspt wrote...

I use a Logitech cordless trackball. The trackball is used by your thumb so there is no moving of the mouse. It takes a little getting used to, but I would not back to a regular mouse. My wrist no longer hurts after a day of drawing.
http://tinyurl.com/4thfa
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co