Click aiming - Grrrrrrrrr!

It can't be me! The most irritating thing I'm experiencing is that I slide the cursor over a button i.e. zoom, it changes highlight to show that I'm on it and I click it. But..... then moving back onto the model to actually zoom I find that it didn't select and the model spins instead because that was the last mode I was in. Of course thats just an example - sometimes it doesn't spin but I find I have just selected parts of the model instead or something.

Now, is it me? Something in SWX? Or related to some sort of lag in my wireless mouse?

Irritating or what!!

Reply to
Flynt

It's you. You're going too fast and your finger is still depressing the mouse button when you pull away. When you're finger lifts off the mouse button you've actually moved the cursor off of the toolbar. The buttons actuate when your finger lifts not when you press down.

At least that's what was happening to me some time ago.

Reply to
rockstarwallyMYAPPENDIX

You mean I have to slow down?!

Reply to
Flynt

Actually, having just experimented I think you are right! Still irritating! I'm still a bit suspicious of my mouse though!

Does anyone else experience this?

Reply to
Flynt

You don't have to slow down. You just need to pop it more when you click, don't drag. I consciously watched how I was clicking and I don't do it any more and I'm still blazingly fast. :-)

Reply to
rockstarwallyMYAPPENDIX

The mouse I have at home ( logitech cordless ) has an additional button for the thumb, that is configurable. In my case, I have made it into a "double click" button. It always acts as an instantaneous single click on those items that don't have a "double click" funtion. Even though it is double clicking, the action must be too fast to toggle things like zoom/rotate buttons. Still takes two presses to turn them on and off.

It comes in quite handy when editing/constraining/cleaning up imported geometry. I can't accidentally drag any of the geometry while using it. Its also useful for editing dimensions as you are always double clicking them rather than having your actions interpeted as a reposition command.

Reply to
Brian

I noticed this as well after installing 2005. I would see the same thing on any other application if SolidWorks 2005 was running. If I closed SW 2005 and used 2004 everything was fine. I use a MS Intellimouse optical, and with its particular driver I seem to have cured the problem by deselecting the 'Enhance pointer precision' button in 'mouse properties'.

Reply to
rmontminy

Maybe you guys have overlooked a system property?

You can, regardless of the mouse or driver, go into system settings and adjust ALL the "click-double-click"settings, speed, etc. A little experimentation and you should be able to find settings that match the way you work in the app.

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

Hi Flynt, I made the same experience you described. I found out that my gpu-driver does not propperly interpret the OpenGL instruction set. May be because it is only a nvida gaming chipset and no quadro-card. You can easiely test if your problem is the same like mine by starting SW ->

go to menue Tools -> Options -> Performance -> and mark the checkbox

-> use Software OpenGL. Restart SW and your clicking and aiming at buttons should happen much faster and preciser.

If it is your graphic-driver, you should switch back software OpenGL mode to off. Running on software OpenGL mode is only advisable for diagnostic purposes.

Next steps could be trying to find newer drivers or to softmod your card to a fake quadro-card with Rivatuner-software.

Good luck & best regards

Jochen

"Flynt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to