Can AutoCAD ignore snap-funcions for certain layers?

i want to see a certain layer, but osnap should ignore the elements of this layer, while drawing in another layer.
thanks
Karin
Autocad 2000
Karin -
Alas, no, but it would certainly be useful. As of version 2008, you can tell AutoCAD to ignore osnaps in hatch objects, but that's it.
I deal with this by leaving osnaps turned off, setting MBUTTONPAN = 0, and using the middle mouse wheel (or button) to bring up the osnap menu once I get right on the object I want, instead of having osnaps highlight every endpoint, midpoint, etc., that the cursor passes over.
Middle button-E for endpoint, middle-button-I for intersection, etc.
-Bill
Karin Bessert wrote:

Thank you.

No. Another thing they should have developed over the years instead of monkeying with button graphics, IMHO. Other cad packages have numerous show/snap options.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca