Can AutoCAD ignore snap-funcions for certain layers?

i want to see a certain layer, but osnap should ignore the elements of this layer, while drawing in another layer.

thanks Karin

Autocad 2000

Reply to
Karin Bessert

Karin -

Alas, no, but it would certainly be useful. As of version 2008, you can tell AutoCAD to ignore osnaps in hatch objects, but that's it.

I deal with this by leaving osnaps turned off, setting MBUTTONPAN = 0, and using the middle mouse wheel (or button) to bring up the osnap menu once I get right on the object I want, instead of having osnaps highlight every endpoint, midpoint, etc., that the cursor passes over.

Middle button-E for endpoint, middle-button-I for intersection, etc.

-Bill

Kar> i want to see a certain layer, but osnap should ignore the elements of this

Reply to
Bill Gilliss

No. Another thing they should have developed over the years instead of monkeying with button graphics, IMHO. Other cad packages have numerous show/snap options.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Thank you.

Reply to