centre mouse button setup

Is it possible to set the centre mouse button so that it only pan's and zooms? as a space mouse user this would save holding down the ctrl button every time I just want to pan without rotating.

Reply to
steve

No, you cannot modify the default mouse view commands in SWX.

One thing I do (using a 5 button MS Explorer mouse) is map one of the thumb buttons to control and the other to shift in the mouse setup software. Thus, instead of using the keyboard and mouse (2 hands), I can rotate, pan, and zoom using only my mouse as follows:

rotate: middle mouse button Pan: thumb button #1 & middle mouse button Zoom: mouse wheel OR thumb button #2 & middle mouse button

Reply to
Arlin

I use a five button [MS Explorer] mouse. Large thumb button is programed for "CTRL" while the smaller one is "ESC". Newer version allows easier access to smaller button than older version. This setup also allows for multiple selections without using the non-mouse hand or for hotkey selection.

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar

I have a really comfy Logitech but it only has four buttons, The forth I use for escape. The best I have come up with is to programme one of the space mouse buttons to ctrl. (not ideal as if hit the left button I copy) Also the only thing I miss about MTD is double clicking the wheel button zooms to fit.

steve

Reply to
steve