Middle mouse nightmare

I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, and the Intellipoint software installed. My middle mouse button works very intermittently, and mostly never. I'm aggrivated. That AutoScroll crap keeps coming up. I shut that off, but then nothing works.

What's the trick to keep it working? Thanks,

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mears

Make sure SW is in the Wheel tab under Wheel troubleshooter\Advanced button.

Regards, Scott Baugh

Reply to
Scott

Hi Seth,

Your right, Intellipoint 4.1 was the last version to have the wheel troubleshooter. The wheel troubleshooter fixed your problem but never told you what it did which is just rude anyways. I imagine it just toggles a registry value?

Also, newer versions of intellipoint severly limits the key assignments you can assign to the side buttons etc. All in all an example of negeative progress....

I bought a new intellipoint mouse a few months ago and ended up returning it because of these software changes.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

May I ask what you're using instead? I eyeball the cordless logitach mice from time to time, but I wonder if they too have driver issues with SW.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

hey dale, about using a logitech wireless mouse. i've been using one for about a month so far. the only problem I've experienced was in the mouse software there is a tab called motion. be sure and uncheck the box (which defaults to checked) titled "disable accelaration in games". otherwise, you can go and retreive a cup of java by the time you move the mouse cursor from top of screen to bottom of screen in sworx.

using sw04 sp4.1 athalon 2200

1.5 gig ram quadro4 750 xgl

tom

Reply to
Tom3

dale, it seems i forgot "logitech wireless trackball"

tom

Reply to
Tom3

Thanks for the info. I've been using a MS Optical for the last few years, and I've never been completely happy with it. I have a useful version of the drivers, but the ergonomics aren't what I want.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Hi Brian,

Go to the intellipoint software ->

Wheel (a tab in the dialogue) ->

Advanced ->

Tell it to "Turn off wheel support for the following programs:"

You might need to add solidworks.

This might be your problem.

Good Luck-

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

I added solidworks to the Troubleshooting/Advanced section, and so far it seems to be working properly. Thanks!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mears

I use Logitech all the time with SW. They are the best.

I'd say get this one...

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

We use here the Logitech Cordless mouseman (with thumb button) with SW without problems. We programmed the thumb button as ESC-key, works fine. In Win98 times, we even used the Logitech drivers for the Microsoft mices, used by the other people in the office, because the Logitech drivers were better.

Wim

"Dale Dunn" schreef in bericht news:Xns95575E739C000daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50...

Reply to
\/\/im

Hi Dale,

I went back to my optical intellimouse, I'm really use to the side buttons now and the wheel troubleshooter is apparently essential.

Dale Dunn wrote in news:Xns95575E739C000daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50:

Reply to
Zander