Weird mouse behavior

I have a Spaecball 5000, SW 2004 (SP2.1) and a Logitech cordless mouse. My mouse behavior changes radically whenever I use SW. The
mouse beomes MUCH more sensitive when SW is running, but only in the SW application itself. If I switch to another window, even while SW is running, the mouse sensitivity returns to normal. It's almost as if the mouse settings just don't apply within SW. Any idea how I can fix this?
Rick
I might be able to answer my own question. I discovered a setting in the Logitech driver Motion setup: Disable acceleration in games . This was checked. I unchecked it and cursor behavior so far appears to be the same in and out of SW, a big improvement.
Rick

That's it. I have to uncheck it as well.
Mike Wilson
Interesting, SW is treated as a Video Game.
Mike J. Wilson wrote:

I would think just the opposite - it recognizes acceleration inside SW (normal mode), but turns it off outside. Now, that being said, it would appear that the comparisons made in the original post were then always to the mouse action in games.
WT

Actually, outside of SW, the mouse behaved the way I set it. Inside SW all settings appeared to be ignored and the mouse defaulted to a fairly high sensitivity, making it difficult to accurately position cursor.
Rick
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:52:23 -0500, "Wayne Tiffany"

I also have a Logitech cordless (trackball) but I do not have the Spaceball. When I check disable for video games my cursor slows down in SW but remains fast in all other applications.