AutoCAD .dwg export from SW2007

We export a lot of our SolidWorks drawings into AutoCAD for use on our waterjet/plasma table. There's a note that we add to the drawings to give material information to our post processor. Here's our note:

16 DH60 ESAB Templates\DH60-006 rev - NOT VAULTED\DH60-006 rev - MATERIAL=A36 THICKNESS=.500 QUANTITY=1 CONFIGURATION=Default

The field I care about is the thickness field. Our practice has been to edit the note, move our cursor just after the "=", then click on a dimension on the drawing that represents the thickness. That still works just fine.

In SW2006, when this drawing was exported, the text came across as several mtext entities, one for each line. Now, in SW2007, the thickness line is exported as (2) mtext entities. Note that every other line is exported as a single entity, even in those cases where values are linked to part level properties. This screws up our post processor, which can't combine the two otherwise unrelated text entities to get the complete thickness note.

So, my question is: Is there some setting I can apply to make SW2007 SP3.1 export AutoCAD text entities like SW2006?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
TheDoc

Here is the response from my VAR:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting SolidWorks Technical Support. SolidWorks has verified the issue as a regression and reported it to our development team in SPR 382573 (Note linked to model dimension explodes in ACAD/DWGeditor as separate entities). You will be notified when this issue is resolved.

Some possible workarounds are to copy/paste the dimension rather than linking it to the note, or link the dimension to a custom property in the part file and link the note to the custom property.

Chris

Reply to
TheDoc