Purpose of text attributes?

Hi,

could seombody tell me what is the purpose of text attributes, that are part of a block?

TIA

-Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Attaching textual information that is consistent in format, number to a graphic entity. In architectural and interior work they are very helpful. What kind of drafting are you doing?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I'm drawing elctrical risers, for fire alarm systems.

-Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

You can make a block "fire alarm" and add some attributes (with ATTDEF) to it, i.g. roomnumber or detectornumber or producer. Every time you use this block you are asked for individual values for each attribut.

bob.at

Reply to
bob.at

Alternatively, if the text doesn't ever change (for example for a product name) but you want to be able to rotate the block but keep the text "upright" then this can only be done using attributes (-attedit in LT or eattedit in full-blown).

Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis

I useds them to create the Title Block for our drawing sheets so that All my users have to do is edit the attribute to fill in all the title-block information which is then displayed in a uniform way.

Make it EasyCAD or LazyCAD and they will use it.......

I also have a revision bloack with attribute which does the same and gets the spacing just right every time..

Alan (Cadalot)

Reply to
Cadalot

I do titlesheets but not revision notes (I have a block with text that I explode).

Is there a way to be multiline attributes *that* would get me using attributes for revision notes :-)

Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis

If you go to my AutoCAD Notes Page you can download the

which shows how the drawing sheet template and Title Block works.

I created and used Dtext in the block called Revision which looks something like

! Rev Text 1 Date Text 2 Text 3 Text 4

Where the ! is the insersion point that lines up with the vertical line on the drawing sheet revision box.

I did not think of trying Mtext, I must give that a go.

Alan (Cadalot)

Cadalot