section or breakout view in WF2

I need to place a view of an assembly with a section cut out of the outer housing so that I can see the internal components. Does anyone know how to do this. I have read through the help files on "planar cross section" but it hasn't helped. I seem unable to set my section "active"

Thanks in advance, HB

Reply to
solid3ddesigns

HB,

view > view manager > xsec > new > "give the xsec a name" and hit "enter" > planar > single > done > select plane.

Now in drawing create the view, RMB properties > sections > 2D cross-section > select your cross section from the list or create a new one by clicking the green plus sign.

Reply to
Jason L