Section View Depth

In a drawing for an assembly I have changed the depth option from full to distance for a section view and input some distance to control the view depth. I do this so that features and components beyond the view depth will not display. The problem that I am having is that for at least one component that extends beyond the view depth and that has a feature that is also beyond the view depth that feature still shows in the section view. So I guess my question is, does the section view depth not restrict the visibility of FEATURES the same way it does for COMPONENTS? From what I am seeing components that are outside of the view depth are not visible in the section view but features that are outside of the view depth for components that are within the view depth and extend outside of the view depth are shown. I am sure that it is confusing, I would think that features outside of the view depth would not be shown.

Thanks, Sam

Reply to
Sam

Hi Sam

Isn't so that You have a surface visible on that part. Surfaces are not hidden in section views and i believe not in break out views either

Sam wrote:

Reply to
Krister_L

You are correct, surfaces are not cut by section cuts in a drawing. Unfortunately that is not the problem here. There are no surfaces in this assembly. The particular feature that I am referring too is just an extruded cut.

Thanks, Sam

Reply to
Sam

Hi again Sam

I tried with some different section cut depths but cannot see any features behind the depth even in components cut by the sectioning.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L