Cross section for one part

I'm using the view manager to create a cross section of only one part in an assembly. However, after the cross section is created, I'm
unable to activate it. I can see it's hatching, but I the "set active" command is grayed out. Is this a bug? I'm using WF3. Thanks for the help.
-Mahir

It's always been like this. We've never had the capability to do a cutaway of a single part in an assembly. I can do a section of the whole assembly and show the hatching on only a single part but not cut away a single part. Don't know why, something to look into.
David Janes