automatically create an cross section

Hello,
I have created a detailled floorplan in Autocad (2004 LT), is it possible to automatically create a cross section from that floorplan?
(e.g. I draw the line of the cross section and Autocad does the rest)
If you have suggestions about what program is best for drawing floorplans, these suggestions are welcome!! Cause I don't think Autocad is the best.
Best regards, Henk Netherlands
henk wrote:

lol
to get information out of a database, you must put information into the database.
does your detailed floor plan know what your roof pitch should be? overhangs? where do you gable and where do you hip?
ceiling heights? door heights?
how deep do your footings need to go to get below frostline?
lol
LOL
I now see the stupidness of my question.
The answer is definitely NO!
But still remains the question:
If you have suggestions about what program is best for drawing floorplans, these suggestions are welcome!!
Best Regards
How long have you been using CAD?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

and what's your final purpose?
creating drawings for yourself - you would want something simple to learn. if it's a career you need the tools to serve the client.
there are programs out there for free that extrude an "elevation" of the entire plan and will put a roof on for you. pretty "gee whiz" stuff. but I would never ask a builder to work off those. canned programs have to assume too much to be accurate. or I'm a warthog. I forget which.
I never regret investing in tools. but this is both money and time.
CAD IS MY LIFE. oh, that hurts.

AutoCAD is fine, If you want to do sections ADT is better.
You can test drive the free version of Sketchup to see if it meets your needs. Will do sections just fine.
Dan

Yes, but with ArchiCAD.