Is it possible to create 3D cross section in Pro/E?

Greetings:
I would like to show a local xsection in an isometric view and am
wondering if it is possible to create a local 3D cross section in
Pro/E (WF2 build M040). If so, could someone please give me a hint?

Any suggestion and help would be greatly appreciated.
John
Reply to
John
I don't know much about it, but was recently checking this out. Create an Offset XSEC in the model (I did a qtr section of a cylinder with radial holes). In the drawing, on the Sections page, just click the "+" and select the XSEC.
Reply to
Jeff Howard
Thank you Jeff for your hints.
I am still unable to figure out how to create a 3d Xsection in Model. I browse through WF menu (Edit, Insert) and don't see anything allowing me to create an Offset Xsec in model. Could you please give me a bit more info?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Reply to
John
They hid Model Sectioning in the View Manager / XSec tab in WF2 (guess it makes sense?).
Reply to
Jeff Howard
I think I got part of it now. First create an isometric view of the model, RMB, Properties, Section, 2D cross-section, Create new, Planar, Single, Done, Give an alphabet letter, Select plane, Select local in the Sectioned cell, Select the appropriate reference, Select an edge or vertex where you want the Local xsection to be located, Draw Spline, Apply. Go back to model, View manager, Xsection tab, Double click the desired xsection.
Two things I still don't understand though.
- The xsection I create in drawing mode is Local; however, the one in model shows a full xsection. - What is the purpose of 3D cross-section under Drawing view, Section, Section options?
Reply to
John