Rotated Dimensions

Platform ADT 3.3 Using the same dimension styles that have been in use for 3 years, linear dimensions are suddenly rotated 180 degrees. Additionally the mtext leader annotations end up at 270 degrees. What varialbles or settings should be looked into to correct the problem?

Thanks

Reply to
S. Scalise

Have you checked your UCS? Is your UCSICON off?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

The problem is with an associate's program at another location so I responses may be a bit vague as my relay expertise is lacking. I had them check the USC icon. If was off. I insturcted them to turn it on. Turning on revealed the ucs to be rotated. X axis is verticle and Y axis is horizontal.

Reply to
S. Scalise

That will do what you describe. The behavior of dimensions, including their annotation, is relative to the current UCS. If they change the UCS to show the Y axis pointing up and the X axis pointing right, they will have the behavior they expect.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I went to my friends office and played around with the UCS. Finally, figured it out. Thanks for you lead.

Reply to
S. Scalise