SW2006 drawings (section view)

Am I missing something, or is SW showing too many surfaces\faces in the Aligned Section view? I typically am creating drawings that a draftsman originally makes by hand, and then I convert them to solid model, and finally a 2D detail drawing to send to machinst\vendor for fabrication. The draftsman has been with the company for 40 years and is up to date with all but the latest (1997?) drafting standards, but unfortunately it seems to me that SW leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to being able to duplicate things that someone is drawing by hand. If it were up to me I'd be relying heavily on 3D views, or just sending vendors the electronic files of the solid models, but unfortunately this company, like many out there, uses 2D detail drawings as the ultimate instruction to vendors from which they make the parts. Time and again the draftsman will draw some sort of view or detail or whatever, and swear up and down that it is a legitimate way of doing it, and it will take me forever, if it can be done at all, to "cheat" my way thru replicating the pencil drawing. Don't get me wrong: I am an experienced SW user. I have been using it professionally for 3 years, have taken every class the VAR provides with each version (though granted we haven't upgraded yet), and I just have endless problems when it comes to generating 2D drawings. So getting back to the reason for this post: when creating a multi-step section view, it should be like taking a knife and cutting the part in that fashion and then looking at either the remaining portion or the cut-off piece from the side, depending on the arrow direction and first/thrid angle preference. When I actually make the view, however, I get a view that shows the part sometimes twice as long as the original because it inserts a perpendicular view of EVERY face created by every section line segment vertical or HORIZONTAL! you can't tell me a M.E. put together that feature in SW.

I'll take any and all input one is willing to give on this matter. thanks.

Reply to
dluberger

Use the "Section View" command, not the "Aligned Section View".

Reply to
Eddie