2D drawings - Surface body

Is it possible to create sectional view of a "Surface body" in 2D drawing?

SW 2006, SP5.0 Thanks, J.Rathakrishnan

Reply to
JRat

No.

The closest you can come is to trim the surface where you want to section it and make a drawing of that.

JRat wrote:

Reply to
mjlombard

You can use the thicken feature to thicken the surface body which in turn will be cut by a section line in a drawing.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Basically, we are building light weight models for our heavy equipements to use it for Plant Engineering. Surface Body parts are less in file size than Solid Body parts. But the only BIG issue is I couldn't make any section views of that. Even Surface Bodies are not appeared in a section view eventhough the section line is not cutting that body.

Thanks, JRat

Reply to
JRat

You need to make out a ER (Ehanncement Request). SW Corp really has a very big issue with making things work consistently. Seriously, SW Corp needs to be told what to do because,... overall, they don't get it, imho. So, if you want to increase the odds,.. if Inventor (not sure?), MDT (I'm think it can?), SolidEdge (not sure), Rhino3D (yes it can), Alibre (not sure), Vellum (not sure), IronCad (I think it can?), concepts3D (I think it can?), Pro/e (it can) or others can do it, let SW Corp know because, they respond better to change when the competition has it but little towards ER's.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I am very happy Paul, to see a reply from you. I realy inspired by your web site zxys. Sure Paul, I will send an ER to SolidWorks now.

SW2005, SP5.0 JRat

Reply to
JRat

Refer below, there are already few ERs (2 and 3) related to my post. However I have also registered my suggestions in SoildWorks Enhancement Request forum.

Thanks, JRat

Enhancement Requests

Step 2: Common Enhancements

Here are some common requests that match the keywords you selected. Select the one that most closely matches your request (if any).

(Note: You can add comments and/or attach files on the next page.)

  1. When you delete a section or detail view; the lettering scheme skip that letter on future created section or detail view.
  2. Can not create section views of surface bodies
  3. Displaying surfaces when creating a section view in a drawing
  4. Ability to create sectioned Isometric views.
Reply to
JRat

In the model, you can do a Section View and the surface previews as cut, but when you accept the section, the surface reverts to being un-cut. That's one that frustrates me big time. Plus, you can't select surfaces when in section view mode.

Reply to
mjlombard