Tapped hole depth display

Is there a way with cosmetic threads in a hole to show how deep the thread extends. I find it a pain when adding fasteners to an assembly to find out whether the fastener is too long and might have bottomed out on the thread, because there is no visual feedback.

Is there a way round this?

John H

Reply to
John H

John,

While you are in a mode where you are displaying the cosmetic threads show the model in wire frame and orient into a standard view (top, front, side, etc) You will be able to see the thread depth in relation to the fastener.

I use wire frame on occasion while designing to view things, a hold over from many moons in a manual drafting/wire frame and surface cad enviroment (before solids).

Regards,

Anna Wood

John H wrote:

Reply to