Drawings to practice with

Hello,
I've just finished my SW course at school, and now I'd like to
practice what I've learned. Although I have the will and time, I
hardly can make a solid model out of nothing... Can you give me a tip
where I can find drawings or sketches that are dimensioned so I'll
make my life easier?
Thank you
Reply to
cijunet
One of the best ways to learn is to just pick an object in real life and create it in SW. This makes you investigate the various ways to create geometry rather than only doing what you already know.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Stop at the library and look at some of the manufacturing books, browse and pick something that interests you. Small machines, linkages, die sets, even toys work great. Then recreate it in SW using what you think are the appropriate tools. Use sheet metal for covers, weldments for frames, create hardware, etc.
Make sure it's something that interests you, and pay attention to the details. When you're done, start changing things and see what changes are easy, what types of things that don't work, like mates that fall apart, and what does work.
have some fun, Diego
Reply to
Diego
cijunet,
I've got some links you might be interested in here:
In particular, you may find Mike J. Wilson SolidWorks Techniques website a lot of fun to check out.
Matt
of
fcsuper
BTW, five stars for Diego and Wayne! :)