Detail view question-sp2

I just made some changes to an old job. I needed to make a new core pin detail and did a `save as' in the mold design and then modified the part with a new name to reflect the new detail. (I wanted a different file name because my customer asked for it.)

Then I opened up the drawing and replaced references on that core pin to show the revised part. There was a detail view on the drawing where I detailed the part. The master view up-dated for the new geometry, but the detail view did not. In order to get it to up-date, I rmb on the detail circle in the master view and edited the sketch. Then upon a rebuild, the geometry in the detail view then up-dated.

I don't recall ever seeing this, but also don't remember if I ever pulled this `trick' on a detail drawing with a detail view.

Is this an old issue? SW05, sp2.

Thanks, jk

Reply to
jk

Was lightweight involved anywhere in this story?

Reply to
TOP

Nothing lightweight about it.

jk

Reply to
jk

I submitted this as a bug when SW2005 was released. It seems that for every section view you would need to edit the sketch and change the physical length of the section line (or circle) for the section view to correct itself.

I was not given an SPR > > Was lightweight involved anywhere in this story?

Reply to
Waligora, R

Thank you for the confirmation. I'll look into reporting this to my VAR when I have a chance.

jk

Reply to
jk