Templates for planning Kato UNITRACK?

I would like to plan a small layout using Kato Unitrack. It would be a big help if there was a set of templates available for the various
track pieces. These can be copied and shuffled around to see what fits. I see no such item listed on the Kato website or in Walthers catalog. Does anybody know of a third party who offers these templates? Or even where full size drawings are available that can be copied?
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

XTrkCad (http://www.xtrkcad.org ) comes with Kato Unitrack libraries. Best of all, XTrkCad is free.
If you're not fully up with using CAD software, you could at least print out the track pieces full size.
Cheers David

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, there is one further problem I should have mentioned at the beginning. We are using Macintosh System 10.4. Is there anything available for the MAC? Or, is there some way to run the XTrrkCad program on the MAC? I don't remember the name of the program that used to be available to do this sort of thing. It would probably be slow and inefficient, but all I'm trying to do is get the Unitrack patterns.
Thanks.
Hi all, I'm a newbie to the model train hobby but I'm learning fast. Why don't you just trace around sections of unitrack, direct to cardboard, instant template! If you want to scale them down just run to a copy machine. Don't make this process more complicated than needs be otherwise this hobby will kill you. I use a Mac too and I have not found the model train industry to be very sympathetic as far as software. However, I think almost any Mac drawing program that allows for dimensioning would work for track layouts. The most difficult track elements to draw would be a wye or a turnout but how hard could that be? You only need to draw it once then "mirror" it for the opposite hand. I have both CAD and drawing programs on my computer but I didn't think it was worth the time to use them when I started my first ever N-scale layout. MHO, there are too many mountains and trees to make to waste time on computers.
Glen G. in Pgh.
On 6 Mar 2007 07:54:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Parllels Desktop for Mac - requires 10.4.6 or later:
http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/sr /
Some folks report excellent results running Windpws programs under this - using a Mac and a copy of XP to avoid getting into the Vista tarpit.
Myself, I'd go with their Linux version, to avoid getting a Mac as well, but if you've already got one . . .
--
Steve

What the hell does this have to do with the subject dipshit?
- An illuminating insight into the mess that is Wikipedia, from Wikipedia Review (http://wikipediareview.com ).

RailModeller works well. The free version allows everything except storing or printing designs. $30 for the full version.
http://www.railmodeller.com/#dl
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Google "model railroad software for Mac".
--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)

would be a

various
see what

Walthers
these
that can be

<snip>
I just looked on the Kato website http://www.katousa.com/ and found the only track template offered is for N-scale, the P/N is 20-901. From the comments in the FAQ at this site, it looks like Kato's HO line isn't as diverse as N, so they must not feel a template is needed for now.
Len

I would not use Kato Unitrack it is being discontinued by Kato this year in HO scale.
You will be left stranded unless you stock up.

would be a

various
what
Walthers
can be

I would not use Kato Unitrack it is being discontinued by Kato this year in HO scale.
You will be left stranded unless you stock up.
That's strange, the KatoUSA website FAQ says some new pieces will be added to the HO line.
Len
Len spake thus:

You responded to a know-nothing troll. Ignore it.
--
Don't talk to me, those of you who must need to be slammed in the
forehead with a maul before you'll GET IT that Wikipedia is a
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

You can also photocopy track pieces. If you make enough of them, you can test different arrangements before you commit to buying real track.
Hey, this should go into the hints and kinks thread!
--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)
Wolf wrote:

W:
Yes, it should. Didn't Robert Schleicher's "HO Model Railroading Handbook, (also known as "Model Railroading with Tyco Trains") have reduced copies of track pieces made this way? (They were Tyco track, too. *shudder*).
I wonder how much they paid him to write a book about using their equipment for actual model railroading. I wonder when 'payment' becomes 'bribery'. :D
Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans.