Re: RESULT: rec.ponds.moderated will be created

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:14:28 -0600, The Big-8 Management Board

> transparently proposed: > > > RESULT > > rec.ponds.moderated will be created > > > >The Last Call for Comments on 28 Feb 2007 inititated a five-day period for > >final comments. Following this comment period, the Big-8 Management Board > >has decided by a vote to create the newsgroup rec.ponds.moderated. > > > >The vote was 8 in favor and 0 opposed. 1 active member did not vote. > > > >This group will be created on 09 Mar 2007. > > > > > And the board awards another group of people, responsible for the > destruction of their own group, a moderated private clubhouse. But > don't tell the board they are moderation happy, they are "generally > against moderation". Yet anyone with a sob story, an inability to use > a killfile and says the magic word "troll" gets a moderated newsgroup.

I am becoming convinced that the entire beight should be moderated, and let's have done with half-measures.

To that end, I've been 'encouraging' the rmr crowd to head this- away and demand that the B8MBis save them....

Reply to
Chairman Covv

You and I discussed this matter and said it was *a given*, that the B*MBies would send a creation message. We also agreed that it wouldn't solve the flame war problem.

#1 has come true. @ is soon to follow.

The SMM was nearly right on the predicted level of use also. The Vision group is dead, as predicted. The victory.motoscooter group is nearly so.

Leave the toy people alone...

Reply to
Bob Officer

Your cross posts are off topic and against the charter for alt.fucknozzles. Please keep them the FUCK out.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I don't think anyone, who has any common sense, and has read any of the garbage the main protagonists have written in the last few years, believes that the creation of r.p.m. will stop the flame war itself but it can stop the flame war from disrupting r.p.m. and those using that new group.

I am quite sure, from seeing some of the 'antics' still going on, that the flame war will continue elsewhere, but not in r.p.m. which was the point of creating that group as being moderated.

Is that what you meant Bob or do you think it will continue on in r.p.m. too?

Reply to
Nigel Sixsmith

You forgot the stroke group.

B/

Reply to
Brian Mailman

Now, now, now.

I need your help.

I figger if we get 15 or 20 froups clamoring for moderated analogues that should keep teh B8MBis from having time to create any *real* mischief...

Reply to
Chairman Covv

Skirv & Co have certainly managed to expend an awful lot of energy and verbiage without a hell of a lot to show for it.

Aw, but Dad... they started it!

Reply to
Chairman Covv

Creation of a news group to replace the group soiled by the users themselves, Because they couldn't resist replying to off topic message is sending the wrong message.

Gully/Santino are easily ignored. the question is why didn't the users just ignore the two people.

It is rewarding people for abusing their own newsgroup.

It will continue. The moderators are part of the group that shit in their own house.

Reply to
Bob Officer

I haven't monitored that group. It was also dead before the LCC was sent.

Reply to
Bob Officer

Watch out, or your face will FREEZE that way...

Reply to
Bob Officer

They seem like reasonable enough folks, even if they are riding a second-tier bike.

Their only mistake was not creating the group as moderated.

Reply to
Chairman Covv

But teh B*MBis had already established the precedent - there was really no difference with the situation in soc.fr00ts

Why don't the loose-caboosers just ignore me? You think maybe the Googlegroups interface and OE have some sort of built-in hypnotizer thingy that destroys folks will and discipline?

I've never played directly in rec.ponds, but I've certainly been aware of some of what was going on. It will be very interesting to see what the traffic volume looks like there in a few months, as compared to those other beacons of hope for the terminally kl00less, smm and sra.

Reply to
Chairman Covv

a la Jack Nicholson as The Joker?

Reply to
Chairman Covv

a la your older family (grandmother or aunt) member at dinner table.

Reply to
Bob Officer

Ah, as when I would react to, say, lima beans?

Reply to
Chairman Covv

I'd like to know how it's pond related. Usually anything cross-posted to rec.ponds was started by jabriol aka Antonio Santana, an insane Jehovahs Witness.

Reply to
The Shadow

Obsession with Jabriol, duly noted.

Reply to
SaberShark

I hear what you're saying, but in this case I still blame them. As far as I'm concerned, in the beight *only* moderated froups should be created, and Skirv should have insisted. If you want a free-for-all, come on over to alt.

I've got good friends on rmh, and they seem to be happy with it, despite the noise level. Hell, *I* certainly don't have a problem with noise (signal is dead, love live noise!) but teh B8MBis seem to have major problems with it.

'Hidden agendas' on moderated froups? No way. Teh B8MBis would never let that happen. Well, except for sra. And smm. And rpm...

I can't claim authorship, sadly. I heard the song years ago and it stuck in my mind. Did you download the vid of the song? Its well worth watching for a quick grin:

Du Haxen Hase

In article , The Shadow=20 says...=20

That's easy.

Go jump in one.

te:

Koi

--=20

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds" ...PK

Reply to
Du Haxen Hase

Your dirty hands are (still) showing, Carol.

And Jabriol's obsession with Carol is once again noted. K00ky Outer Filth, the both of you.

Kookle Search Results

8 matches for "Jabriol".

Antonio L "Jabriol" Santana

Kook of the Month, December 2006 Golden Killfile, April 2005 George Pickett Memorial Trophy, December 2006 Tony Sidaway Memorial "Drama Queen" Award, December 2006 Unabomber Surprise Order of the Holey Sockpuppet

Carol "Koi-lo" Gulley

and

Antonio "Jabriol" Santana

Busted Urinal Award Kluck Lysaght "Tar & Feathers" Award

The God of Odd Statements