--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:02:36 -0800, in news.groups, Chairman Covv

You and I discussed this matter and said it was *a given*, that the B*MBies would send a creation message. We also agreed that it wouldn't solve the flame war problem.
#1 has come true. @ is soon to follow.
The SMM was nearly right on the predicted level of use also. The Vision group is dead, as predicted. The victory.motoscooter group is nearly so.

Leave the toy people alone...
--
Ak'toh'di

I don't think anyone, who has any common sense, and has read any of the garbage the main protagonists have written in the last few years, believes that the creation of r.p.m. will stop the flame war itself but it can stop the flame war from disrupting r.p.m. and those using that new group.
I am quite sure, from seeing some of the 'antics' still going on, that the flame war will continue elsewhere, but not in r.p.m. which was the point of creating that group as being moderated.
Is that what you meant Bob or do you think it will continue on in r.p.m. too?
--

Nigel Sixsmith
The Art Of Sound Studios

Creation of a news group to replace the group soiled by the users themselves, Because they couldn't resist replying to off topic message is sending the wrong message.
Gully/Santino are easily ignored. the question is why didn't the users just ignore the two people.

It is rewarding people for abusing their own newsgroup.

It will continue. The moderators are part of the group that shit in their own house.
--
Ak'toh'di

Officer says...

But teh B*MBis had already established the precedent - there was really no difference with the situation in soc.fr00ts

Why don't the loose-caboosers just ignore me? You think maybe the Googlegroups interface and OE have some sort of built-in hypnotizer thingy that destroys folks will and discipline?

I've never played directly in rec.ponds, but I've certainly been aware of some of what was going on. It will be very interesting to see what the traffic volume looks like there in a few months, as compared to those other beacons of hope for the terminally kl00less, smm and sra.
--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

Bob Officer wrote:

You forgot the stroke group.
B/
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:23:04 -0800, in news.groups, Brian Mailman

I haven't monitored that group. It was also dead before the LCC was sent.
--
Ak'toh'di

Officer says...

Skirv & Co have certainly managed to expend an awful lot of energy and verbiage without a hell of a lot to show for it.

Aw, but Dad... they started it!
--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:42:40 -0800, in news.groups, Chairman Covv

Watch out, or your face will FREEZE that way...
--
Ak'toh'di

Officer says...

a la Jack Nicholson as The Joker?
--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:56:11 -0800, in news.groups, Chairman Covv

a la your older family (grandmother or aunt) member at dinner table.
--
Ak'toh'di

Officer says...

Ah, as when I would react to, say, lima beans?
--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

says...

They seem like reasonable enough folks, even if they are riding a second-tier bike.
Their only mistake was not creating the group as moderated.
--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

says...

I hear what you're saying, but in this case I still blame them. As far as I'm concerned, in the beight *only* moderated froups should be created, and Skirv should have insisted. If you want a free-for-all, come on over to alt.

I've got good friends on rmh, and they seem to be happy with it, despite the noise level. Hell, *I* certainly don't have a problem with noise (signal is dead, love live noise!) but teh B8MBis seem to have major problems with it.

'Hidden agendas' on moderated froups? No way. Teh B8MBis would never let that happen. Well, except for sra. And smm. And rpm...

I can't claim authorship, sadly. I heard the song years ago and it stuck in my mind. Did you download the vid of the song? Its well worth watching for a quick grin:
http://www.shagrat.net/Portfolio/cows.swf
--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

says...

I was thinking more along the lines of basic robo-moderation to eliminate obvious spam and cross-poasts. *g*

Unless news server abuse desks consider poasts not conforming to charters to be 'abuse' (and I'm not aware of any that do these days), a charter is nothing more than a hoop that teh B8MBis require you to jump through to get their blessing.

soc.religion.asatru (moderated), soc.men.moderated, rec.ponds.moderated
The proponent of smm was a woman, as is, I think, one of the moderators. Essentially none of the men who were regulars wanted the moderated group, almost nobody uses it. The B8MBis were simply unhappy at having one of 'their' froups serve as one of the usernetz's better known battlegrounds.

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
...PK

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:05:30 -0800, Du Haxen Hase

[...]
DAMN these laws and customs that allow women to be in areas open to the public!
DAMN THEM, I SAY!!
Sharon B wrote:

Yep, women should be involved in everything that men do. Period. Men should have no place where they can be away from women. Of course, on the other hand, women should be in control of everything, have all the jobs and be able to set aside places where men aren't allowed.
This double standard is total bullshit.
Hey, if you don't understand why it's inappropriate for women to moderate a men's group, then you're too stupid to breath.
--
John Corliss BS206

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:08:56 -0700, John Corliss

By golly, you're right!
How DARE those uppity women be seen in public places?
By the Gods, while we're at it all those blacks and Jews and Muslims should be removed from any public place where men can be found, too. Who do they think they are, anyway, members of the public or something?

*snork* Now I see why you're so confuzzled. You think Usenet groups are Members Only clubs, and that a group for discussing men's issues is for men only.

I think you should try to impress me with your IQ score now.

I don't like to brag. Besides, I'm *trying* to be nice.
--
The only woman too stressful for the Chair of the Big 8
http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/news.groups.html
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:42:35 -0500, Sharon B wrote:

Nice? Who needs nice?
CWQ