INFORMATION WILL BE FREE

Locksmithing, plumbing, and a few other trades seem to persist in a guild-like mentality, where the “secrets” of the trade are passed on from Masters to Initiates. In the case of locksmiths, this is a signal case of what is elsewhere derided as “Security Through Obscurity.” When the “secret” leaks out, you are stunned to learn just how insecure the system really is.

YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HIDE INFO, PLUS IM ALREADY IN

I AM POSTING ON MY FTP SERVER

ALL 10 THATS RIGHT 10 THE GOVERNMENT EDITION OF SECURITY.ORG

I AM TIRED OF THIS SECURITY THROUGH OBSCURITY

INFORMATION MUST BE FREE!

Reply to
Tod The Tool

Oh yeah, and i am a locksmith

member of:

ALOA SAVTA

I just cant take the elitist attitude.

So i will be posting all 10 cd/isos of LSS+ on my offshore ftp

people have a right to know.

this is not communist china!

I am sick of this mentality of secrecy

Reply to
Tod The Tool

well now it is free, already mirrored in 12 diffrenet countries

200 people downloading and mirroring, spreading like wild fire

it will be all over earth in a day :)

LSS WILL BE FREE! :)

Reply to
Tod The Tool

It's called job security and is older than Jesus.

Have at it. As long as you aren't breaking any (copyright, trademark, etc.) laws while doing so.

Really? How do you figure?

Your comparison is invalid. Communist China, or any other Communist state for that matter, hides information from the people because of their govermental entities. Here, it is the people themselves keeping secrets, NOT the government. And in a democratic republic, we, as individuals, DO have the right to remain silent on ANY topic.

It is the "mentality of secrecy" that makes up a large portion of the security we give to consumers. Your lack of respect for that mentality is actually, in my opinion, doing more harm to that security than good.

Reply to
Aegis

Actually, i could care less about copyrights, I am a locksmith ALOA SAVTA, and i think that people should know how insecure the real locksmithing world is, not this shitty facade.

I have also mirrored the ENTIRE clear star site, and it is included to, this will be a revolution

I will be giving away codes for free.

The information will be released.

In fact, i think i will also post HPC codesource!!

lets have a party!

Reply to
Tod The Tool

" -- YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HIDE INFO, PLUS IM ALREADY IN

I AM POSTING ON MY FTP SERVER

ALL 10 THATS RIGHT 10 THE GOVERNMENT EDITION OF SECURITY.ORG

I AM TIRED OF THIS SECURITY THROUGH OBSCURITY

INFORMATION MUST BE FREE!"

Well whoever you are you are part of the problem not part of the solution... The information is free to anyone who spends a little bit of time learning it... ZEALOTS like you who would have detailed instructions on how to defeat every kind of lock are the problem... Learning the basics of the locksmith trade is as simple as reading a few books and procuring a few basic tools...

Why don't you just crawl back underneath whatever rock you came from... Pass out hammers or something... If you are willing to OPENLY ignore copyright laws by posting information that someone (or even a group of people) worked long and hard for years to compile then you are NOT a locksmith... NOT EVEN CLOSE... I question YOUR ETHICS... It seems to me that you do not take your ALOA membership to heart...

"ALOA's" Code of Ethics:

" -- All members of the ALOA by acceptance and continuance therein, shall be deemed to have subscribed to the following Code of Ethics. That the dignity of our chosen profession may be perpetuated, it is the duty of all members of the ALOA:

To practice their profession in the spirit of fairness to their clients, with fidelity to security in conformance with appropriateness, and with high ideals of personal honor.

To properly and impartially analyze security problems, and to advance the best possible solution for the protection of their clients.

To conduct themselves in a dignified manner.

To abide by applicable licensing and business regulations.

To abstain from using improper or questionable methods of soliciting patronage and to decline to accept such incompatible patronage.

To refrain from associating themselves with or allowing the use of their names by any enterprise of questionable character, or in any manner countenancing misrepresentation.

To cooperate in advancing the best interest of the locksmithing industry by interchange of general information and experience with fellow locksmiths.

To encourage and promote loyalty to the profession, always ready to apply their special knowledge, skill and training for the use and betterment of our industry."

By your willingness to openly post such trade information for just anyone to read is reckless -- it is unethical because it does not comply with keeping your clients secure nor fairness to your fellow tradesmen... Your personal honor is questionable if you follow through with the course of action you have laid out here... Copyright infringement is a FEDERAL OFFENSE... You have no honor if you are willing to knowingly distribute work or materials that are not your own original efforts... I would not do business with you if I knew who you are...

If you truly feel that the locksmithing profession is "elitist" then resign your trade memberships and begin searching for a positive way to get your message across... Do not STEAL the work of others and then give it away... The basis of this country is personal freedom... And part of that is privacy and the right to keep secrets... You sir are an anarchist... Nothing more and nothing less...

I agree with "Aegis" who wrote in his message:

" -- It is the "mentality of secrecy" that makes up a large portion of the security we give to consumers. Your lack of respect for that mentality is actually, in my opinion, doing more harm to that security than good."

Evan the maintenance man

Reply to
Evan

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tod The Tool at snipped-for-privacy@otll.com wrote on 2/1/04 3:42 PM:

Don't think Jay will be too happy about that. ;-(

Reply to
M.C.

or HPC...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Who gives a rats ass about them.

I sure as hell d>

Reply to
Tod The Tool

There might be a little problem resulting from violating copyrights -

Since your are into "FREE INFORMATION" why don't you start by giving your real name and home and work addresses - along with the key blanks and bitting codes for all of the keys, and alarm codes for the alarms, if any. Ditto for combinations for any combination locks you have. Also similar info for your car(s) and truck(s) - including model and registration info.

While you are into that, adding your SSN and credit card number(s) (with the extra AAV or whatever codes) would help establish your true beliefs.

Otherwise it would tend to appear that you only want to distribute information belonging to others.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

Tod The Tool at

locksmith ALOA

the real

is included

or ALOA...

Reply to
Key

"Tod The Tool" snipped-for-privacy@otll.com wrote crap in message

---snip the crap---

really sorry ya couldn't cut it as a locksmith and are so bitter about it but you can at least watch your language while on this n/g. there are women that frequent this group.

my2

Reply to
Key

First of all all of the info is stored on servers in Trinidad and Tobago, so no problem there and second,

I really dont care about copy anything.

Reply to
Tod The Tool

well now it is free, already mirrored in 12 diffrenet countries

200 people downloading and mirroring, spreading like wild fire

it will be all over earth in a day :)

LSS WILL BE FREE! :)

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Hey big boy, you heard of a proxy

:)

Reply to
Tod The Tool

And also, this is not abuse

:-)

Its expressing free speech

Nothing illegal here

:0)

Reply to
Tod The Tool

And smart ass

I believe i said

INFO

not anything else

Reply to
Tod The Tool

Reply to
Glen Cooper

sorry

Reply to
Tod The Tool

12.73.34.246 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org 12.73.34.246 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org 12.73.34.246 not listed in cbl.abuseat.org 12.73.34.246 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net ( 127.0.0.10 ) 12.73.34.246 not listed in relays.ordb.org. 12.73.34.246 not listed in plus.bondedsender.org 12.73.34.246 not listed in query.bondedsender.org

Nothing found there, not bad.

Reply to
Glen Cooper