so when will gasoline be considered an explosisve?

just wondering if anyone is looking.....

Gasoline has already been exempted by Congress.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

......Just like the 50lbs. of black powder that Congress said the shooting enthusiasts are allowed to keep. (local mileage varys with this law though. I've read were some localities only allow 1 to 5lbs. That is enough to keep one in ejection charges for a long time.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

hmmmmmm, why?
oh well, let try something else kerosene match heads paper fertilizer
how about we compile a list of materials that have a burn rate that exceeds APCP that we can submit, include items the have been "exempted". let the BATFE explain why APCP is on the list but these others arent.
the 9-11 explosions were caused by kerosene, right?

Bullshit!
This "what about gasoline and match heads and..." argument is old, stale, pointless and has nothing to do with sport rocketry problems. What do you hope to accomplish by endlessly repeating it?
Gasoline is needed in our everyday lives to power automobiles and other vehicles that at present form a vital part of the industrial and economic machine of your and my nation and many others. So do the other items - how do you suppose the economy would fare if fertilizers for food/feed growth was not available? I won't bother continuing.
Now try presenting the same argument to Congress or any other authority regarding motors for hobby rockets.
They may form a vital part of our lives in some way, but hobby rocketry hardly shows up on the national radar screen as a vital part of the economy. Face reality.

Billions per annum I would guess.
That is precisely what I am saying. I am not saying it is entirely logical, or that it is not frustrating, not at all. I am saying that allowances have been made for these materials because of their "necessity" in our day to day lives. I am sure we can debate the absolute necessity of some of these materials, but it's obvious our nations would come to a grinding halt if gasoline went from a readily available commodity to a restricted substance overnight or even over the space of months. It just cannot happen. Maybe in 40 years when the next source of automotive power is available on every street corner, sure. But that ain't today or next year.
We can all go on and on about regulating gasoline, match heads and the like, but it's pointless, that's all I am saying. The answer to the problem is not waving our hands at those materials and drawing a parallel, they're just not on the same need level, and IMHO it will be a cold day in you-know-where before someone convinces the Feds that they are. But you could certainly try.
writes:

I can't remember where I read it, but IIRC the threshold for "significant impact" is $40,000,000. Don't know if that's adjusted for inflation or not. So the JBGTs could wipe out model rocketry caross the country, from MicroMaxx to N, and stay under the threshold.
And since you're up there in Canada, you wouldn't even count.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wrong. That is not among the exemptions at 18 USC 845:
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000845----000-.html
But it is on the list at 27 CFR 555.141:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/10apr20061500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2006/aprqtr/27cfr555.141.htm
So it has been exempted, but not my Congress.
--
David W. Schultz
http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz /
David Schultz wrote:

Hmmm. How can we come up with OUR OWN exemption?
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
David Schultz wrote:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000845----000-.html
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/10apr20061500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2006/aprqtr/27cfr555.141.htm
Interesting. It would seem then, that the ATF can and does make exceptions to the rules when it suits them.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There is some question as to the authority of the ATF to issue exemptions like this:
http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz/regulation/ATF-ExplosivesExemptionProposal-Hastert-Cheney-081605-1.pdf
--
David W. Schultz
http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz /
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

doesnt matter, put it on the fancy chart the ATF has. and make sure it is in the formulation similar to how APCP was used.
this would prove that model rocket engines should be exempted.
But it doesn't matter, seems everyone here at RMR has decided that nothing that can be done, and wont even bother trying. thanks a lot people, you've really motivated me to helping pay it forward.
Tater wrote:

What do you mean, "everyone"? I've only seen a tiny handful of folks here that are convinced we can't win and shouldn't try, and they're the same capitulators who've been saying that for years.
Tater wrote:

Tater,
You don't pay forward based upon an anticipated result; you do it because you feel its right, regardless.
I don't think "everyone" here has given up. I think most (me, at least) tend to vent here in a "friendly group", but continue to fly rockets, promote the sport, and do what they can.
If they had "given up", I don't think they'd be here at all. I'm cynical, but I'm a cynical *rocketeer*. There's certainly reason to be optimistic; go buy some motors, build a new bird, and launch it with the neighborhood kids. It works for me.
--

Gary

RMR is not representative of all fliers. I suggest looking elsewhere for inspiration.
Or as a local flier says "email is not model rocketry".
Glen

I'm waiting for STEAM to be listed as an explosive. After all, boiler-explosions cause a great deal more damage than a motor CATO.
The human race is going to be known as the only species on the Earth that REGULATED itself into extinction. ;-)
Len Lekx wrote:

I doubt it. We're going to die from obesity first because we lack the intestinal fortitude to regulate our caloric intake.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the

Guess it is time now to sue Big food ;-O
AlMax wrote:

Already being done. Saw a national news story the other night about a group of parents suing McDonald's for making their kids obese.