so when will gasoline be considered an explosisve?

just wondering if anyone is looking.....

Reply to
Tater

Gasoline has already been exempted by Congress.

raydunakin

I'm waiting for STEAM to be listed as an explosive. After all, boiler-explosions cause a great deal more damage than a motor CATO.

The human race is going to be known as the only species on the Earth that REGULATED itself into extinction. ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

its exempted by congress

Reply to
Glen Overby

......Just like the 50lbs. of black powder that Congress said the shooting enthusiasts are allowed to keep. (local mileage varys with this law though. I've read were some localities only allow

1 to 5lbs. That is enough to keep one in ejection charges for a long time.
Reply to
Kurt

hmmmmmm, why?

oh well, let try something else kerosene match heads paper fertilizer

how about we compile a list of materials that have a burn rate that exceeds APCP that we can submit, include items the have been "exempted". let the BATFE explain why APCP is on the list but these others arent.

the 9-11 explosions were caused by kerosene, right?

Reply to
Tater

Wrong. That is not among the exemptions at 18 USC 845:

But it is on the list at 27 CFR 555.141:

So it has been exempted, but not my Congress.

Reply to
David Schultz

I doubt it. We're going to die from obesity first because we lack the intestinal fortitude to regulate our caloric intake.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Hmmm. How can we come up with OUR OWN exemption?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Guess it is time now to sue Big food ;-O

Reply to
AlMax

And to think that the substance that is the *greatest* threat to us, is being ignored:

Greg Heilers

Already being done. Saw a national news story the other night about a group of parents suing McDonald's for making their kids obese.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Interesting. It would seem then, that the ATF can and does make exceptions to the rules when it suits them.

Reply to
raydunakin

There is some question as to the authority of the ATF to issue exemptions like this:

David Schultz

Bullshit!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

of parents suing

I hope they win. Then, child welfare will have to take these kids away from their obviously neglectful parents, for repeatedly exposing them to food that they KNEW was dangerous to their health.

Reply to
Mal Content

Strange that no one actually answered this question...

Gasoline is not an explosive. It is a fuel. It will only explode when mixed with an oxidizer, such as air. If you take a full can of gas and light the spout, you will only get a flame that you can easily extinguish by replacing the cap.

Liquid gasoline only explodes on your television set and in the movies.

To the best of my knowledge, any> just wondering if anyone is looking.....

Reply to
David H

"David H" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Not true. Read the list of explosive materials. Ammonium perchlorate w/particle size

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

This "what about gasoline and match heads and..." argument is old, stale, pointless and has nothing to do with sport rocketry problems. What do you hope to accomplish by endlessly repeating it?

Gasoline is needed in our everyday lives to power automobiles and other vehicles that at present form a vital part of the industrial and economic machine of your and my nation and many others. So do the other items - how do you suppose the economy would fare if fertilizers for food/feed growth was not available? I won't bother continuing.

Now try presenting the same argument to Congress or any other authority regarding motors for hobby rockets.

They may form a vital part of our lives in some way, but hobby rocketry hardly shows up on the national radar screen as a vital part of the economy. Face reality.

Reply to
mjd

The typical ingredients; HTPB resin, 200 micron ammonium perchlorate and 400 mesh Aluminum are unregulated, as are all the ingredients in ANCP. Firefox restricts sales of 1000 mesh blackhead aluminum to avoid liability issues.

Reply to
Brian McDermott