so when will gasoline be considered an explosisve?

Like I tell people with cholesterol problems, "eat shit and die!"

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

doesnt matter, put it on the fancy chart the ATF has. and make sure it is in the formulation similar to how APCP was used.

this would prove that model rocket engines should be exempted.

But it doesn't matter, seems everyone here at RMR has decided that nothing that can be done, and wont even bother trying. thanks a lot people, you've really motivated me to helping pay it forward.

Reply to
Tater

of parents suing

There are cases where child welfare agencies actually gave the parents McDonald's meal tickets to feed their children. Of course this was before McDonald's started selling salads and such.

Reply to
Alan Jones

What do you mean, "everyone"? I've only seen a tiny handful of folks here that are convinced we can't win and shouldn't try, and they're the same capitulators who've been saying that for years.

Reply to
raydunakin

Tater,

You don't pay forward based upon an anticipated result; you do it because you feel its right, regardless.

I don't think "everyone" here has given up. I think most (me, at least) tend to vent here in a "friendly group", but continue to fly rockets, promote the sport, and do what they can.

If they had "given up", I don't think they'd be here at all. I'm cynical, but I'm a cynical *rocketeer*. There's certainly reason to be optimistic; go buy some motors, build a new bird, and launch it with the neighborhood kids. It works for me.

Reply to
Gary

RMR is not representative of all fliers. I suggest looking elsewhere for inspiration.

Or as a local flier says "email is not model rocketry".

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

Billions per annum I would guess.

That is precisely what I am saying. I am not saying it is entirely logical, or that it is not frustrating, not at all. I am saying that allowances have been made for these materials because of their "necessity" in our day to day lives. I am sure we can debate the absolute necessity of some of these materials, but it's obvious our nations would come to a grinding halt if gasoline went from a readily available commodity to a restricted substance overnight or even over the space of months. It just cannot happen. Maybe in

40 years when the next source of automotive power is available on every street corner, sure. But that ain't today or next year.

We can all go on and on about regulating gasoline, match heads and the like, but it's pointless, that's all I am saying. The answer to the problem is not waving our hands at those materials and drawing a parallel, they're just not on the same need level, and IMHO it will be a cold day in you-know-where before someone convinces the Feds that they are. But you could certainly try.

Reply to
mjd

I can't remember where I read it, but IIRC the threshold for "significant impact" is $40,000,000. Don't know if that's adjusted for inflation or not. So the JBGTs could wipe out model rocketry caross the country, from MicroMaxx to N, and stay under the threshold.

And since you're up there in Canada, you wouldn't even count.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow