Layout Suggestions for O gauge

Hi All,
I am in the process of setting up a new O gauge layout and have benchwork that is the dimensions of 8 feet wide by 16 feet long. I was
wondering if anyone had any ideas where I could take a look at layouts others have built in similar dimensions. I am not very creative when it comes to the overall track plan and I want to create something that will keep me intertained with switches and the ability to place my operating accessories to maximize usage.
I'd appreciate any ideas or links that you could provide.
Thanks, -Chris
On Dec 28, 7:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

These should help:
Thor's All Gauge Page (outstanding):
http://www.thortrains.com /
Robert's Lionel Trains layout (excellent...one of my favorites):
http://home.surewest.net/rlplionel/Robert.htm
Some popular books...
"The Lionel FasTrack Book" by Robert Schleicher:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
"Getting Started With Lionel Trains":
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
"Layout Plans for Toy Trains":
(Amazon.com product link shortened) />/
These books are up to 32% off list and usually include free shipping/handling on orders over $25.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,200 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links

I could have sworn he said O Gauge?! Lionel - with some Xceptions, is hardly O Gauge...

<Checks ruler>
Yup, 0 gauge it is.
Perhaps you meant scale, not gauge?
--
Graeme

Graeme wrote:

Huhh, AFAIK Lionel was O gauge but not O scale.
Regards, Greg.P.

That was my point :-)
--
Graeme

Graeme wrote:

In tha case you're forgiven!
=8^)
Greg.P.
Greg Procter wrote:

GP:
If we want to be really really snide (let's, let's) we can say that O scale, standard gauge can never be O gauge, since O gauge is 1 1/4", and represents a track gauge of 5', not 4', 8-1/2". :)
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

We get close in 1:45 scale where 32mm scales to 1440mm, a prototype gauge used by several countries in Europe before 1435mm was agreed as the precise standard! Even today, gauge tolerences and gauge widening takes the 1435mm standard out to 1440mm. (but that's enough pedanticism from me for today =8^)
Regards, Greg.P.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

There are plenty of 0 gauge layouts online, some of which include track plans, as well as layout photos. Try these :
http://www.bigredtrains.com/index.html
http://www.clandavidsonusa.com/Standard/index.htm
http://home.earthlink.net/~calitalia/strapsworld/index.html
http://www.glancytrains.com/postwar/index.html
http://www.lioneltrains.net/lioneltrains_net.cfm?cfidd448&cftokenA719 0#
http://ogauge.homestead.com/index.html
http://photoshow.comcast.net/laubis/just_trains /
http://www.shifrin.net/secondary%20pages/primary%20trains%20page.htm
http://ogauge.homestead.com/index.html
http://www.sover.net/~getty/gop/gop.htm
http://members.aol.com/pepilapue/jeresdepot.html
http://www.traincity.com/coldanc.html
http://www.housatonicrr.com/housatonic.html
http://mothergooz.googlepages.com/toytrains
--
Graeme

I want to say Thanks to those who have replied and also have another question. I came across a site with someone who had animated all sorts of items for his layout. There was a water squirting elephant and snoopy things everywhere. Does anyone have the link to that site? There were excellent suggestions for the wiring of many different items.
Thanks again, -Chris
Graeme wrote:

It's one of my favorite sites! Joe's Railroad (Joe Rampolla):
http://www.josephrampolla.com/index.html