11' x 8' o gauge layout 1st time out

tying to learn before i dive in so to speak. would anyone have a nice layout or some good places to learn from............would appreciate
any and all info...............thanks.....steve
steve wrote: > tying to learn before i dive in so to speak. would anyone have a nice > layout or some good places to learn from.
Take a look at some of these plans:
http://www.naisp.net/users/mfischer/m_train2.htm
They are designed for N gauge but would approximately scale up to 11' x 8' in O. Bear in mind that you would need to allow for a central operating well.
Cheers David
steve wrote: tying to learn before i dive in so to speak. would anyone have a nice layout or some good places to learn from............would appreciate any and all info...............thanks.....steve -------------------------------------------------- Thor's All Gauge Page has a wealth of valuable information:
http://www.thortrains.com /
You might enjoy the Train Collectors Association's e-Train (e-Zine):
http://www.tcamembers.org/index.html
A good book: "Toy Train Layout from Start to Finish":
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
This book tells how to build a 12'x16' layout and covers benchwork,trackwork, wiring, scenery, etc.
There are several good books on my bookstore page that might be of interest:
http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore-2
Many of these books are up to 30% off and include free shipping on orders over $25.
My favorite sites page has links to several hundred model and toy train sites:
http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links.html
Good luck with your railroad. I hope you derive as much pleasure from model trains as I have!
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Resources: Links to over 700 helpful sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore.html