Delta/Rockwell 11" lathe gears - find or make?

I'm trying to find some gears to repair my delta/rockwell 11" metal lathe. They are not available from Delta (big surprise) so I'm seeking the group's advise on where I might find some.

In the case I can't find them, then advise on how to make replacements would be just as good I suppose.

I've read this article on repairing the smaller gear on the bull gear, so at least I have some clue on what I need:

A diagram of the gears I'm seeking is here:

You can email me using the username info at this domain: x35performance then dot com (f*ing spammers require this explanation grr)

Thanks for any help Steve

Reply to
Dude

If you dont find any gears, let me know and Ill see about having them made. I get a brother in law discount sometimes. Though they still wont be "cheap"

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Where are you located? I have an 11" Rockwell that I bought and intended on rebuilding, (needs bed reground and some other items) it was a rescue from the scrapyard and they badly damaged the cabinet base and drive. I have not been able to locate a cabinent and drive for anything reasonable so I might just sell what I have to someone that could use all the parts. Other than a couple damaged Q.C. handles all the head and gears look to be in good condition. I want to sell the whole lathe not just little pieces and parts. You do not need to take the base as I can haul it to the scrapyard. If you are interested email me, OR if someone is reading this and HAS a good variable speed cabinent that they want to part with I would be very interested in it.

tim

Reply to
TSJABS

I sent you an email to the address listed in the post. If that is not correct, please let me know so I can get in touch with you. I'd be interested in those parts.

thanks

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TSJABS) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com:

Reply to
Dude