Looking for Gears

I'm normally a woodworker, but my next project will require some metal working.
Among other things, I need some rack & pinion gear systems (small gears --
aound 1/2"). I can't seem to find a source for these, and was wondering if anyone on this newsgroup might have an idea. I'm not looking for custom made gears -- (I can adjust my project around the dimensions I get). I'm also not looking for bulk -- I only need six for this project, though I may get a few extra for another project I'm cooking up. I'm in Canada, but don't mind ordering them as long as the shipping isn't to expensive.
Any help is appreciated
John
Try Wm Berg on Long Island.
Regards,
Marv
John Smith wrote:

Besides the regular sources that are being posted, Edmund Industrial Optics have some really nice rack-and-pinion slide assemblies with helical gears/racks. They make small ones like in microscopes, with travels between 2 and 10 cm, but they also make a nice platform and track with a dovetail feature and lengths out to 24 inches. I've only got an old (2001) catalogue with me right now, but you can probably find them on their web site www.edmundoptics.com . Look for stock numbers L61-284 and L61-285. There are some other numbers for parts with scales and indicators on them as well.
Roger
Grant Erwin wrote:

www.sdp-si.com are an option.. can't vouch for pricing, but they do stock what you want.
HTH