Source for Gears

I need a rack and pinion gear set for a project I'm doing. I could potentially harvest the gears from the following. but I'd like to see
if there's more option out there:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&cat=3,43586&p@139
Is there anywhere you can buy just gears, in small quantities?
Thanks
John

What size gear? What quantities? What price range are we talking? $5 ea?, $20 ea?
I do hardened helical gears here and may have some in stock I can sell to you at a low cost... But I can't help with the rack and the shaft size internally would be in MM, not inches.
I may even have some non-helical type gearing left over from before we upgraded our style gearing a few years ago... In any case, they would be heavier and more robust than the ones in the link you sent...
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/autodrill

V8013-R
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:50:46 -0700 (PDT), John

McMaster (big) and smallparts (small) both have rack-and-pinion sets.
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:07:09 -0400, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

W. M. F. Berg has a much better selection than Smallparts, ranging from teeny (72 and I think 84 pitch) to medium-sized (16-ish).
--
www.wescottdesign.com

Another is Stock Drive Products. http://www.sdp-si.com /
Pete
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:23:55 -0400, Pete Keillor

And Misumi... https://fa.misumiusa.com/gwos/catalog/catalog_list_pc050.aspx?CATALOG_ID 01&CATEGORY_ID5
--
Ned Simmons

Tim Wescott wrote: > W. M. F. Berg has a much better selection than Smallparts, ranging from

http://www.wmberg.com /
No prices, though. It's one of those sites with a "Request for Quotation" button.
Bob
Berg -is one engineering supplier. http://www.wmberg.com credit cards.
All sorts of parts here.
Martin
John wrote:

Our local gear and bearing supplier is in the Yellow Pages under Power Transmission Equip.
jsw

Depends on the size and makeup. Pull a part auto salvage yards will have rack and pinion steering for cheap.