Source for Gears

I need a rack and pinion gear set for a project I'm doing. I could
potentially harvest the gears from the following. but I'd like to see
if there's more option out there:

Is there anywhere you can buy just gears, in small quantities?
Thanks
John
Reply to
John
What size gear? What quantities? What price range are we talking? $5 ea?, $20 ea?
I do hardened helical gears here and may have some in stock I can sell to you at a low cost... But I can't help with the rack and the shaft size internally would be in MM, not inches.
I may even have some non-helical type gearing left over from before we upgraded our style gearing a few years ago... In any case, they would be heavier and more robust than the ones in the link you sent...
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill
McMaster (big) and smallparts (small) both have rack-and-pinion sets.
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
W. M. F. Berg has a much better selection than Smallparts, ranging from teeny (72 and I think 84 pitch) to medium-sized (16-ish).
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Another is Stock Drive Products.
Pete
Reply to
Pete Keillor
And Misumi...
Ned Simmons
No prices, though. It's one of those sites with a "Request for Quotation" button.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
Berg -is one engineering supplier.
credit cards.
All sorts of parts here.
Martin
John wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Our local gear and bearing supplier is in the Yellow Pages under Power Transmission Equip.
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
Depends on the size and makeup. Pull a part auto salvage yards will have rack and pinion steering for cheap.
Reply to
Calif Bill