Source for stock wire form springs

Hi,

Looking for a source for a simple wire form spring to latch 2 boxes together. I can find plenty of places on the web to do custom wire forms, but can't seem to locate any place that sells stock springs. I'm looking for something like this ->

I'm looking to buy a 100 or so. Anyone know of any place that has something similar. Actual dimensions are not critical. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.....

Reply to
sprintracer

As I suspect you've already figured out, the setup charge to make 100 of these will be outrageous. But it'd be a relatively simple part to make by hand yourself. I made this little die set for an arbor press to bend

1/8" Inconel wire for a batch of furnace baskets into shapes similar to yours, and to pretty tight tolerances.

If the spring wire isn't too large you can form the loop with a pair of round nose pliers.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Ned,

Thanks for the reply.. Was hoping not to have to make them, but looks like I have to. I'm thinking of moving the retaining screw to the middle and that way I can just wrap the wire once around a piece of round stock and them just put a slight hook bend on each the the legs. Thanks again....

Reply to
sprintracer