Source for spring wire

I'm looking for a source for some 32 AWG* phosphor bronze spring wire. Either in or near Seattle or mail order. I need at most 50 feet (that will
provide some allowance for a few experiments).
Alternately, a locksmith supply that will sell some springs for pin and tumbler locks (which is what I'm trying to rebuild).
* 0.008 inch, 0.202 mm
--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.

Are these standard springs for pin and tumbler locksets?
Check with eBay and Amazon for tool, pin, and spring kits. http://tinyurl.com/o66tk6v $25-60, depending on mfgr
http://www.doorcorner.com/lock-pins-amp-rekey-kits.html
www.ebuilderdirect.com has good prices and large selection. They sell on eBay, too.
--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle
Larry Jaques wrote:

I don't know about 'standard'. I'm trying to rebuild some locksets used on an old Porsche. Which is an oddball style key (BMW may have used these as well).
I know the relaxed spring diameter (0.068"), length (0.277") and number of turns (10). So if I could locate some with these dimensions, that would probably do.
--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:

I don't know about 'standard'. I'm trying to rebuild some locksets used on an old Porsche. Which is an oddball style key (BMW may have used these as well).
I know the relaxed spring diameter (0.068"), length (0.277") and number of turns (10). So if I could locate some with these dimensions, that would probably do.
--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.
On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:23:34 -0400, "Carl Ijames"

One could either buy a brand new American car -or- a single lock for an old Porsche for about the same cost, I'll bet.
--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle
Carl Ijames wrote:

I have the old lockset. Took it apart and it appears that some of the springs had gotten gummed up and bent to where the 'pins' (its actually a really oddball setup) would not return. Replacing the bad springs should fix it.
I probably could cannabalize some old locksets (maybe not even Porsche) for springs. I was just hoping to find the wire and make some myself. Winding them around a sewing needle should work. But that wire is tough to find.
--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.

Go to a locksmith supply store in any major city. They have repair parts for just about anything of the kind. And lots of locksmiths will sell such things as well, and/or tell you where to look.
Joe Gwinn
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Strip the outer shell from a bronze wrapped guitar string?
It's a size used for high E strings as well.
--
Steve W.