Looking for Boring Jigs

Anyone know of a wholesaler anywhere in the States or Canada that may still have some Kwikset installation Jigs for sale....??

I'm not looking for the whole kit , just the jig itself....

Kwikset has discontinued these items , and none of my local suppliers can seem to find any....

I'd be willing to get them from the States if I could find them (I'm in Canada) I'm looking for at LEAST 3 of them , possible more...

Thanks

Reply to
Robot Man

Better qualify what it is I am looking for....

I am looking for the RED colored installation jig , that would do up to 5 inch backset.....

Not the newer version (138) that still seems to be for sale...

Thanks

Reply to
Robot Man

Here is what you're looking for.

g'day

Reply to
Key

sorry, "Robot Man" just noticed that the auction has well passed.

g'luck searching..

Reply to
Key

Reply to
Jimmy F.

Thanks for those links, but the first one is the newer type that I don't want....

The second one is the right one , but the listing states that seller will only ship within the USA....

Thanks again for trying.

Reply to
Robot Man

Thanks for all replies , folks...

Guess I'll just keep my eyes open on Ebay and see what turns up....

Much Appreciated.

J Fowler Custom Lock and Security Dartmouth , Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
Robot Man

Do you remember if it hurt when they dropped you on your head when you were a baby......????

Or were you just born with no brain at all.......??

Reply to
Robot Man

Oh, gosh.... I got mine (one) about ten years ago. I'd suggest

the internet buying place. I've found some really odd stuff there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mine had the 5 inch. I sawed it off many years ago, I never used the five inch. Not then, not since then.

I figure if someone wants the 5 inch backet enough, they can pay for the new tool. Yes, my jig is red.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you need a jig for 5 inch backset, I would suggest looking for a Weiser #1963 jig. This used captive drill bits rather than hole saws and was much superior to the Kwikset jig.

One note however, the demand for 5" backset installations is somewhere between slim and none these days. I don't think I have ever used the 5" backset feature except to over drill a 7/8" hole to 1" and if push came to shove I could have done this with a course round file. On the other hand, the jig with the 5" backset does sometimes conflict with moldings applied to the door, where the shorter jig would not.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Reply to
John A. Weaver III

For those of you who have them and the threads are starting to ware out... I've had a couple of mine Heli-Coiled at a machine shop. The repair will hold up for a couple of years before they start to back out and need to be re-done. And the Heli-Coils are stronger that the original metal of the jig.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Boring jigs? Look here..

Glenn Sondemack

Peddle your racist filth somewhere else, we don't want it here.

Reply to
kier

Nah, ask these guys:

Gnu Deal

email them. Offer them a few extra $ to ship to you.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Loctite the helicoils.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Please don't feed it. It will never go away.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

never

can