Jigs for scale (or just tiny) projects

I work in a number of mediums from metal and wood to clay and paints but wh at ever I am doing it is always SMALL. In 1:12 scale to be precise. I am also a stickler for accuracy and detail to achieve realism. To this end I am looking for ANY jigs or holders etc that would help me with making (and reproducing) small items. I can totally take a jig from woodworking and ad apt it to the items I make in metal so that's not an issue...no need to poi nt to wood magazine jigs as I have collected a variety of those types alrea dy.

In particular I am trying to modify all my tools whether full size or mini, to adapt to my Byrnes Miniaturists Table saw mitre table attachment, for a ccuracy. right now I'm trying to figure out how to attach it to my delta d isc and mini band sander (on the disc side) effectively...Ive removed the d isc housing since I made a set of removable discs in a variety of grits so I can quickly swap them out rather than peel off paper that is only partial ly used up! If anyone is interested in those mods to use for your full siz ed items or as a sharpening system..I'm willing to share!

Thanks for any replies and for the new add to this group.

sincerely, Jackie

Reply to
Jackie Trades

[...]

We'd love to see photos of your work, Jackie. Do you have any to show us?

Reply to
edhuntress2

In particular I am trying to modify all my tools whether full size or mini, to adapt to my Byrnes Miniaturists Table saw mitre table attachment, for accuracy. right now I'm trying to figure out how to attach it to my delta disc and mini band sander (on the disc side) effectively...Ive removed the disc housing since I made a set of removable discs in a variety of grits so I can quickly swap them out rather than peel off paper that is only partially used up! If anyone is interested in those mods to use for your full sized items or as a sharpening system..I'm willing to share!

Thanks for any replies and for the new add to this group.

sincerely, Jackie

Jim Wilkins

On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 8:56:52 PM UTC-4, Jackie Trades wrote: To this end I am looking for ANY jigs or holders etc that would help me w ith making (and reproducing) small items. oup.

Yesterday I was at a tag sale that had a bunch of tools. And I found a V c lamp. It is a small vacuum clamp that uses compressed air and a venturi to hold things. It is about 8 inches by 8 inches, but can be used to clamp sm aller things.

Have not tried it, but did buy it. Made in Au stralia ,but available from some U.S. places.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster