Looking for Model Missiles - Atlas etc...

Anybody know of any online sites that sale models of classic ballistic missiles like the Atlas, Thor, etc..? I'm looking for models to put together or finished die-cast missiles. I know they sale them, I found them on the net some time last year but I was not interested in them then. Now I want them but I can't find the sites that sale them! lol

Thanks!

Reply to
Von Fourche

Go to:

and

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Depending onthe scale, there's lots of them around. Monogram made a set of US/USSR ICBM/SLBM's back in the eighties. It was a pretty decent set in 1/144 scale I think

If you are stuck on a particular scale then you might be limiting your options. 1/72 and 1/144 are about the best. In 1/72 you might still find the Estes Titan II flying rocket kit. It has two optional bases: One with the engines for displaying, one with fins for flying. I picked up one about ten years ago and have built the rocket but am still working on making the silo and LCC for the diorama.

Realspacemodels.com isyour best best for anything else, and they have limited options. NOT complaining! I've seen some of their work at contests and the builders have had nothing bad to say about the kits. Most of theirs are going to be 1/144, 1/72, and a few in larger sizes.

Estes had a few other ICBMs in oddball sizes. Nearly all of them are OOP like the Titan II though. I distinctly remember a Minuteman and an MX. You can get a Corporal, Thor, and a Redstone if you search around Ebay long enough.

There was also a few in theold Revell 'box scale' series. Keep checking Ebay for them, I believe Revell did the Atlas and they also did a V-2. Condor also does a VERY nice V-2 and you can find the resin armor kits to go along with it regularly on Ebay.

Hope this helps!

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill