HELP: LENCO SPOT WELDER

Yesterday, I bought an old Lenco C-3000, Panelmaster, spot welder.

Does anyone have one of these or info. on it or even a book/circuit diagram? Is it a good machine?

I need copper tips- where?

It is supposed to be 2400 amps. for some fraction of a second.

ANY help or info would really be appreciated.

Thanks

j/b

Reply to
justme

Huh? Surely many folks here know of Lenco spot welders, 'eh, what?

j/b

Reply to
justme

Enter "lenco spot welder" into Google. There are lots of hits

Reply to
nadogail

SIGH!

Reply to
justme

W.W. Grainger carries electrodes for spot welders. Maybe not the right size for youp welder.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

It is much easier to answer more specific questions from somebody who has taken soem time try and self educate a little bit first.

Lenco Spot Welders Page 1 Used-Rebuilt Spot Welders

Nation's largest selection of used and rebuilt Resistance Welders. Buy Spot Welders
Professional Spotweld Cutters. Nationwide Shipping. Order Online. Lenco Spot Welder Welder.Pronto.com 200+ Lenco Spot Welders Shop, Compare and Save at Pronto. Search Results Shopping results for lenco spot welder Lenco L4000 - Autobody Dual-Spot Welder ... $1,213.65 - Wesco Tools Lenco LAS-8 20908 AutoSpot Resistance Spot Welder $9,138.00 - Costplustools Autobody Dual Spot Welder (LNXL4000) Category ... $888.48 - ReStockIt

Lenco Spot Welding Tips,Stud Welding, Washer Welder Tips,Autobody ...

B & R WELDER REPAIR SERVICE INC.Authorized warranty repair station for Miller, Hobart, Thermal Arc, Century, Solar, Onan welding equipment and generators. brwelder.com/IndexTemplate.cfm?file=lenco.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages - Millerwelds Miller Welding Equipment, Hobart Welders MIG TIG ...

This will upgrade your 3000 and 5000 Lenco spot welders to be compatable with lenco's .... The qpk-20 Attachmeent is for use with any Lenco Spot Welder. ... brwelder.com/indextemplate.cfm?file=shop/categoryresults.cfm&Category=5 -

99k - Cached - Similar pages - [PDF] Autobody Repair Tools & Accessories Autobody Repair Tools ...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML The QPK-10 attachment is for use with any Lenco spot welder. ... 5000 Lenco spot welders. With the Conversion Kit you can upgrade your 3000 and 5000 Lenco ...

- Similar pages - Lenco L4000 - Welder Autobody Dual-Spot

Lenco L4000 - Welder Autobody Dual-Spot Lenco L4000 Welder Auto body Dual-Spot Lencospot Mark II Features & Benefits: The Lencospot Mark II Autobody ...

- 57k - Cached - Similar pages - BR Welding Supplies - Lenco Spot

Lenco Spot Welder Accessories 14 models; Lenco Spot Welder Tips 11 models; Lenco Spot Welders 9 models. Your Account Create Account ...

- 27k - Cached - Similar pages - Lenco

The L-950 Uni-spot III is a pinch type weld cable assembly designed for use with the L-4000 spot welder. It can also be adapted for use with the older LENCO ...

- 26k - Cached - Similar pages - [PDF] RESISTANCE SPOT WELDERS

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML The Mark II welder makes factory type spot welds in the shop. Simple to operate ... Lenco dent pulling systems allow for any type of pull in any situation. ...

- Similar pages - eBay Store: Search results for Mig Tig Stick Plasma heliarc welder.

Lenco Spot Welders (10). See all matching items ... LENCO MARK ll L-400O AUTO BODY SPOT WELDER. $1079.00, Buy It Now, 17d 23h 50m. Enlarge ... search.stores.ebay.com/B-R-WELDING-SUPPLIES__W0QQfcdZ2QQfsubZ1207491018QQftsZ1QQsas... - 59k - Cached - Similar pages - Lenco spot - Shop sales, stores & prices at TheFind.com

Lenco Spot Welder Cable Set (5 29130 LEN 29130 $329.00 Lenco Spot Welder Cable Set 5" ... Lenco 20600 L-6000 LENCOSPOT® MARKIII® Resistance Spot Welder ...

- 240k - Cached - Similar pages - Lenco Spot Welder

Lenco Spot Welder - $950 (Colorado Springs) ... For Sale: Lenco spot welder,

220v, dent puller attachment, with cart. Excellent condition. $950 obo ...
Reply to
I R AN IDIOT

Thank you, Mr. Idiot.

I was really asking for folk's opinions here in this newsgroup. I figure any damn fool would have the wit to check Google, as well. Even me.

However, I do appreciate your links and the time you invested. I really thought that some of the guys on here would have some tidbit of information about this model and a source for the tips.

j/b

search.stores.ebay.com/B-R-WELDING-SUPPLIES__W0QQfcdZ2QQfsubZ1207491018QQftsZ1QQsas...

Reply to
justme

Yer quite welcome.

I suspect their opinion was that you should wait more than a couple hours before whining that nobody was sitting around waiting for the chance to answer a question for you.

Yep. Any doggoned fool would.

I suspect if you had waited more than a couples hours and given folks a chance to read your post... Most of the guys who really know their stuff in here have day jobs, and spent a lot of years working to learn what they know. I bet a lot of them of only even check the group once a day, and some only every couple days.

P.S. Technically is Mr An Idiot. As in, I. R. An Idiot. Didn't want to come right out and bust your chops over the name thing since its not obvious to some folks, and you did call me Mister first.

search.stores.ebay.com/B-R-WELDING-SUPPLIES__W0QQfcdZ2QQfsubZ1207491018QQftsZ1QQsas...

Reply to
I R AN IDIOT

Mr. Idiot: I try to call even a S.O.B."Mr S.O.B." as that monicker tends to make the real S.O.B.s feel better about themselves since they seem to need it.

I always get a grin from folks who state the obvious as if they think their idea only occured to them and no one else.

This group has an inordinate percentage of extremely knowledgeable folks and I speculated that many would know of this spot welder. If I expected a reply that didn't fit with your particular timetable regarding the appropriate time to wait for a reply before asking again, I really apologize. Perhaps, deep-breathing exercises and Yoga would be of great benefit to you. Masturbation, even. If that is still possible for you.

Again, thanks.

j/b

search.stores.ebay.com/B-R-WELDING-SUPPLIES__W0QQfcdZ2QQfsubZ1207491018QQftsZ1QQsas...

Reply to
justme

Thanks, Dan.

I will check Grainger's catalog, maybe even McMaster's.

j/b

Reply to
justme

Sigh, I can only assume that it is in a fit of pique that after having it pointed out to you, you still fail to use my name correctly. Oh, well.

That would be... "try google" or "give folks a chance to even see your post before whining that nobody responded?" Also, based on that last statement I bet you grin madly every time you speak.

Well, yes I said that. What was that about stating the obvious?

Apologize? For what. You are impatient. It doesn't hurt me a bit, so why apologize.

That's just not funny man. I'm an asthmatic, arthritic double amputee. If I could take deep breaths, do bending exercises or whack off I certainly would.

Yer quite welcome again.

Sincerely, Mr An Idiot

search.stores.ebay.com/B-R-WELDING-SUPPLIES__W0QQfcdZ2QQfsubZ1207491018QQftsZ1QQsas...

Reply to
I R AN IDIOT

I have not seen any traffic on spot welders in this group. I have a little Miller portable spot welder and have not heard of Lenco before this.

Good Luck, BobH

Reply to
BobH

Thanks, BobH.

Lenco is a huge company that has been around since dirt. I think they merged with Profax.

I did find a place that can order them for me.

I have never used a spot-welder before and wanted to pick some brains.

Take care.

j/b

Reply to
justme

I can't claim to be a master with it, but I use my mine occasionally. I have never had any training on one, but I may be able to answer basic questions. Miller has a booklet on spot welding that has some useful information on the basics:

Good Luck, BobH

Reply to
BobH

Hey, BobH!

Thanks for those links. I didn't have any particular questions other than wanting hints and do's/don'ts/technique.

What amperange is your machine? This one is supposed to be 2400 amps.

What do you normally spot weld?

j/b

Reply to
justme

Hi j/b, The current varies depending on the length of the tongs. I have the 12" tongs so it looks like 5800 Amps (I have the LMSW-

52). I use mine for steel sheetmetal, usually 16 - 22 guage. I do a fair amount of sheetmetal fabrication for hobby stuff and the spotwelder lets me build pretty professional looking stuff. Mostly I am building enclosures for electronics. I have used similar spotwelders on autobody sheetmetal in the distant past. I bought this one used off Craigs List, I kind of wish it was the smaller machine because it is easy to blow holes in the work with this one.

A good mechanical fitup, clean metal and not too much pressure on the tongs gives decent results with the shortest pulse I can get with the mechanical switch. Clean tips are also important. Too much tong pressure or dirty tongs result in blowing a hole in the work. The smaller machines I have used are easier since they actually take 1 or 2 seconds to reach welding temperature (Orange to yellow hot on the surface).

I want to try spotwelding stainless, but have not gotten to that yet.

Good Luck, BobH

justme wrote:

Reply to
BobH

Stainless steel spotwelds fine but it really likes to spit at you so wear safety glasses.

One of my favorite clever ideas with my Miller spotwelder was how to stud weld with it. Buy an extra set of tips. Cut one down so it is about 3/8" across the flat. Take the other an drill through the middle with a 3/16" bit. Take some short fillister head 8-32 screws and grind the head so it is half as thick. You want fillister head because they have a larger diameter head, but you can also use round-head screws. Drop the screw into the hole in the lower tip and place a piece of sheet metal over it. Apply spot welding current and presto you have a perfect little welded stud. Nice for making small light fixtures and anywhere where you don't want visible fasteners.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Hey, BobH,

Thanks for the interesting reply. The beast that I have does not have tongs. It has an ordinary ground clamp and an electrode holder with a 3/8" copper slug-type tip that is to be pressed against the top sheet and then, the pushbutton fires a monster contactor (vacuum?) and sparks fly for x mlliseconds. What fun!

Maybe we could trade?

j/b

Reply to
justme

I should have explained that the electrode is an ordinary but very heavy gauge cable with the attendent handle, tip and pushbutton.

j/b

Reply to
justme

replying to justme, Dent Jerker 45 wrote: How to replace the copper tip

Reply to
Dent Jerker 45