Garden "O" gauge

I'm really determined to go outside with an "O" gauge layout - about 1250 feet in the back yard. That will extend my train season to 12 months - I'm in AZ. I understand garden O is big in Britain, but I can't find much information about it here in the States. I'm afraid to learn by error - which is my normal mode, so I'd like to hook up with some basic info about the tricks of tracks, wiring etc. Does anyone know of any sources?

Reply to
Rich

I suggest you go to

and subscribe to the

7_mm_modelling group.

It's primarily about British O-gauge modelling but there are several Americans there, including a Californian who has outdoor (British) O-gauge. I believe he uses Peco track.

Note: O-gauge in Britain means 2-rail fine scale by default. You don't say whether you are 2 or 3 rail. And it is scaled at 7mm to the foot, or 1:43.5.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Getting Started in Garden Railroading - Allan W. Miller

Garden Railways magazine - Kalmbach Publishing

Reply to
Corelane