Old kit needed

Hello folks. If anyone has an old AHM Chemical Factory kit. Kit #5830 they don't need, I have been looking for one. I would be interested built or unbuilt in the box. Either way is ine with me. Let me know what you have off list. Thanks for your help Sincerely Paul D

Reply to
Atsf359

I did a google search and only found a (no longer available) kit on Ebay.

I have no idea what it looks like - can you scratchbuild one from plastruct?

Reply to
CowGoesMoo

The kit is a large chemical factory comprised of all sorts of different types of building bashed together to form a big factory complex. I wouldnt even want to consiter scratching it. Besides they all ready did all the hard stuff for me. LOL

Reply to
Atsf359

Paul wrote: If anyone has an old AHM Chemical Factory kit. Kit #5830 they don't need, I have been looking for one.

------------------------------------------------ Con-Cor does some of the old AHM kits. They might offer the factory under a different name than a chemical factory.

Also Model Power does some of the old AHM kits, I believe.

Many of the AHM kits were made by Pola, Faller, etc. so you might see if Walthers has the same kit.

I've found some old kits at the James J. Reeves Auction:

Good luck with your search!

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Paul wrote: If anyone has an old AHM Chemical Factory kit. Kit #5830 they don't need, I have been looking for one.

BTW, did you check International Hobby Corporation's kits? IHC is the successor to AHM and AHM Regal Way. Perhaps they offer the kit.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

search chemical, etc

Steve

Reply to
Steven Lynch

Not sure if this is what you want...

wannand

Didn't know Malcolm Furlow is on their design staff - or are they channelling John Allen?

Reply to
Steve Caple

=> snipped-for-privacy@CreditValley.Railway wrote: =>> Not sure if this is what you want... =>>

> 71915U35990969C&gb=0:::chemical&id=7006 =>

=>Didn't know Malcolm Furlow is on their design staff - or are =>they channelling John Allen? =>

=>

=>-- =>Steve Caple

Quite a few AHM kits were based on E Moore's buildings, decsribed in articles he wrote for MR and RMC in the 50s and 60s. He liked using balsa, free lanced most of them, and invented great back stories to justify his creations. His best known is perhaps the Molasses Mine, which is still around, but under another name.

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

That does look like it, but in HO. I think the guy wanted N scale version.

Reply to
Corelane

Not sure if this is what you want...

but thats a HO kit. the kit i am looking for is n scale and quite a bit different. Thanks for trying Paul

Reply to
Atsf359

Thanks for the replys..i also checked with a few distributers and the IHC web site.no luck so far. Thanks again PMD

Reply to
Atsf359

The particular kit referenced in the link at the top WAS also sold by Heljan as catalog No. 370, and it was called the......

Molasses Mine!

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com