Looking for:

People here have been able to help me find things before, ok, now I'm looking for a Roundhouse Climax, and the Roundhouse Box cab diesel. Kit or built, anyone got one?

Email rDOTbuegeATsbcglobalDOTnet after making the normal corrections.

Thanks.

Reply to
Nobody

Why??? ......good chance they'll find you first!

Reply to
Howard Zane

Not sure I follow your remark.

Reply to
Nobody

Just funnin' ya. I tried for a long time to get the boxcab to perform well....never did. Climax...?? I still may have some of these in my attic. I'll check tomorrow. HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane

Better than a roundhouse punch, no doubt. Off to the inspection pit . . .

Reply to
Steve Caple

It would be much appreciated. I have one Climax and it does have a problem sometimes, but I think I've found the cause. Don't really want to try to open the truck unless I'm sure I can replace it if I have to. Oddly enough, only one truck, the other is fine. I wish they had made the trucks with screws rather than "bend over" (break off) tabs to hold them together. Love it's slow speeds though.

Reply to
Nobody

Within the last 4 - 5 months there was a good thread in this group on "tweaking", tuning and remotoring the MDC Roundhouse Boxcab.

The discussion was extensive enough to make me run a series of E bay searches looking for a couple of MDC Boxcabs for projects.

Currently on E bay there are 5 or so "New in Box" from a hobby shop in Canada with a ridiculous starting bid ( $ 29,99 or 24.99 US IIRC) and one other "new in Box" - undecorated no less -- that started out at $ 0.99 and was up to about $ 7.00 last time I looked yesterday.

I'd go $ 10 - 15 for a project unit.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Problem with them, I won't use ebay. I'd rather have someone with an asking price and just pay it. I'm not looking for any "real steal", and don't mind paying a reasonable price for reasonable goods. New in box was worth $27(?) to the original purchaser, it should be worth the same if it's still NIB. Assembled, well, someone has already configured it to something I'll have to modify, maybe a little less.

Reply to
Nobody