Memorabilia- American Flyer

I have a manual (instruction booklet) entitled " Instructions for Assembling and Operating American Flyer 3/16" Scale Trains and Equipment". It was dveloped at the Gilbert Hall of Science and is the copyright date is: 1947.

Question: is it worth anything to collectors/enthusiasts? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Gene Cyprych

It sounds like it obviously would be. Take a look at Ebay and see if you can find similar items. Probably under ''O'' scale. If you want to test the market, put it on Ebay with a high reserve and see how high the bids go.

Reply to
Barney Rubble

Yes it's worth something, but not too much. The similar Lionel document from 1947 is listed in Greenberg's guide at between $4 and $10 depending on condition. Fewer AF booklets would have been produced, but the AF market is much smaller, so I'd expect similar prices for yours. I have a 1947 copy in my collection (yellow cover printed in red, 48 pages) which I was given by a local train dealer who felt there was no demand for it amongst all his customers. GQ

Reply to
Geezer

Make that under "S-scale". Something like these?

?ViewItem&item=3171235971&category=480 If you check completed items, they don't seem to be selling well at all. I did a search for "instructions" under "Model RR, Trains - S scale".

Reply to
SleuthRaptorman