American Flyer Parts

Hello, all. I'm in need of some steel track pins and replacement bulbs
for my American Flyer layout. Can anyone comment on their dealings with
RFG, Oyster Bay, NY for these or any other parts? Thanks for your time
and comment. Sincerely,
John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337
Reply to
J. B. Wood
You can use Gargraves 803 pins for the track... check at

if your LHS does not have them. The bulbs are not usually unique - for bulbs & wire we use
Jeff Kane(The Train Tender)
or Town & Country:
I have not heard of RFG.
Rob
Reply to
trainfan1
I've had nothing but BAD luck with RFG... I won't buy from them again! Their prices are about the same as everyone else's, but the service is horrible. First time tried to add one of their "free" promos to an order- they refused. Had to pay a $4.95 S&H charge to get my free items- that weren't worth it. Second order was shipped in two packages -not large items, either. I was charged shipping twice. I emailed them to ask about it, got a very rude reply that shipping was the customers responsibility. I emailed back, why $4.95 twice when the combined cost of the postage on BOTH packages was $3.60. This time got a really nasty response that the packaging, boxes, etc weren't free. So I paid for their mistake, Never again!!
Reply to
areibel
Got so wound up, forgot to add a couple links- This place has a lot of Flyer stuff, great website too!
And Portlines is great too- Doug is the owner, and he is excellent- very knowledgable, very helpful, the best!
areibel