Really Big Scale?

Hello, fellow modelers. Does anyone know if there is a standard
scale/gauge associated with those outdoor model railroads that often have
a steam-powered locomotive that can carry one individual who operates the
vehicle from a sitting position? The loco is usually coupled to several
cars each of which can carry several passengers. Thanks for your time and
comment. Sincerely,
John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337
Reply to
J. B. Wood
Two of my favorite live steam sites are:
Robin Sharman's (includes UP DD40 and Big Boy!):
Richard Wrede has a listing:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:
BillsRREmpire
Thanks for the info, gents. It would never have occurred to me to use "live steam" as a search term. Sincerely,
John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil Naval Research Laboratory 4555 Overlook Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20375-5337
Reply to
J. B. Wood

Site Timeline