BLI & Lifelike

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

I would like to put a BLI E 7 chassis under a Lifelike E8. I want to do this because I have a set of Erie Lackawanna cars and a LL E unit already decorated. Can this be done easily?

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

kingkong

I am not sure what this has to do with my question, but, I haven't heard that news yet. What town?

I was in a Hobby Lobby in Georgia, once. The train section was so small it fit behind one counter. There are others in the group who know more about HL than I.

k> a hobby lobby is opening in town, do they carry model railroad

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

Frank A. Rosenbaum

Frank,

The part timer at the shop I work at put a LL P2k Southern (black scheme) E7A body on the BLI E6B powered frame. He had to grind the square front corners of the frame, but after that it was a drop on fit. He ordered the headlights (which plug right in, and a cab interior from BLI, and that was it.

Should be as simple using the BLI A unit.

Jim

"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote:

Reply to
Jim Flynn

Frank,

It should fit with little problems. The big difference is that the E8/9 have different fuel tanks and the skirting/ladder to the mid-car body are in different locations.

Jim

"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bernier

frame, but after that it was a drop on fit<

Reply to
Jon Miller

Yes and no. They carry train sets, some track, and "low end" (toy quality) rolling stock, locomotives, and structures. They do carry Woodland Scenics stuff for scenery needs. They carry paint and air brush supplies.

They do not carry locomotives and rolling stock that I would consider having on my layout. Let alone any high end stuff like Kato. They do not carry any serious parts like Kadee couplers, or detailing pieces. And as far as I know they don't carry any (non-Christmas) lights or electronics

Reply to
SleuthRaptorman